Finally got my polar loop. Questions

loriacarr
loriacarr Posts: 14 Member
I got my polar loop yesterday. I wore it almost all day yesterday and never got an inactivity alert. I was sitting for a long time just to see what it would do and it never gave me an alert. I had my phone close by....

Also, could you let me know how to link MFP to the Polar Loop. I went to map my fitness and made an account but couldn't figure out how to link everything together. Thanks!

Replies

• wadea7
    wadea7 Posts: 6 Member
    Congrats on your Loop..
    I am still using mine and it really helps to motivate me.
    I sync it with my computer and not phone, since it has a built in display.
    Maybe someone with that integration can chime in.
    As for MFP integration, I believe you will need to log in the activities manually.
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    I don't use my Loop to log my calories on here I use my Polar HRM in conjunction with the Digifit iCardio app for doing that, I would imagine though you would have to link your Loop to MapMyFitness in order to record your cals, then link MFP to MapMyFitness if that makes sense, as I say I don't do it but it sounds like the logical way to do it.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Congrats. I only notice the inactivity alerts if I have the bluetooth enabled on my phone. I don't pay much attention to them and generally have my bluetooth turned off as I work a desk job so I know I will have inactivity alerts. As previously mentioned you can't link MFP to the Loop. During exercise I wear my chest strap with mine and log my exercise calories that way. I do sync my activities through my phone though. I haven't used my desktop since they perfected the mobile app.
  • loriacarr
    loriacarr Posts: 14 Member
    Thanks everyone!! It has already motivated me so much. I hope I can keep it up!! Both days I have had it I have made my goal and walked over 10k steps. I also used the heart rate monitor during my group class this morning and it sync great. So excited!!