Double dipping??

Options
Krohnie
Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
Hi everybody- I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate. I wear my fitbit flex every day. I've been walking every day and I track my walks and pace on map my run. My map my run app syncs to mfp so that it lists my workouts. Am I actually getting twice the calorie burn? Should I not have one of them sync and which one would it be best to turn off?

Replies

• MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    If you have both synced to MFP, then it is most likely counting it twice. Which ever one you feel more comfortable with, leave that one on. I use a flex too and that is the only one I have turned on. I have never used map my run, so I can't compare to that. Hope that helps.
  • my_2_cents
    my_2_cents Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I use CascaRun to track my running, but I also wear my Fitbit the whole time. I don't sync anything but Fitbit with MFP and let MFP decide my calories based on that data. The running app is just used first to read off my pace and distance through my headphones, and as well I use it to track the total distance on my running shoes so I can judge when to replace them....I replace my shoes at 500km, then delete my saved runs and start over with the new shoes.
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yes it's double dipping, I turn off sync with mapmyrun