Hello Everyone:

Options
cboyd186
cboyd186 Posts: 18 Member
I just recently started using My Fitness Pal again. I saw your group and thought it would be a great idea to join and give each other encouragement to reach our goals.

Last week was my first week and I did not do very well logging and eating wisely.

I love the mini goal idea.

My goal for today is to log everything and excerise.

I have a 60 minute Zumba class scheduled tonight afterwork, hopefully I won't fall on my face.

Replies

• katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome :~)
    I just got a scale to weigh my food to help with logging. A lot of people have logging food as a mini-goal, it takes some getting used to. If I have time, actually at this point I make the time, I log my food the night before, checking macros and then just go back and edit if a meal changes. I've read that 80% is the food and 20% is the exercise as far as losing weight is concerned, so good job logging and good luck with your journey.
  • sowdenb
    sowdenb Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Not to be dumb...but what do you mean by "checking the macros"? How?
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Everyday I check my carbs, protien and fat (macros) and try to reach them, these can be adjusted under goals. The reason I do this is before I ate within my calories and struggled (you know, I was hungry and grumpy all the time) then I realized I was pretty much just getting all my calories from carbs and sugar, sodas, chips and salsa, etc., lots of empty calories. So, now I know I need to watch my macros otherwise my natural inclination is to eat carbs all day.