Introduce yourself!

Options
mswanger09
mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
Hello everyone!

Since we have established that we are all ready for some football and what teams we are ready to see kick some butt this year, I thought an "Introduce yourself" thread was needed.

Where are you from?(be as accurate or vague as you want)
Age?
Fitness goals?
Weight Goals?
Anything else about your weight loss/getting fit journey that you would like to share.
Who are your teams?(College and Pro in case you didn't post in the other thread)

Replies

• mswanger09
    Options
    Hello, I am Melissa!

Where are you from?(be as accurate or vague as you want) - PA, about 1 hour outside of Philly

Age? -34

Fitness goals? -Short term, getting into better shape before my cruise in December.

Weight Goals? -Hoping to be down under 200 lbs before the cruise in December. After that working towards my goal of 150lbs.
    Once I get there, I will see how I feel and if I need/want to lose more.

Anything else about your weight loss/getting fit journey that you would like to share. -This is my second time around on the whole calorie tracking/working out to lose weight carousel. I started the journey the first time back in 2012. I got down to around 210, and life decided it had some other plans for me. I just finally climbed back onto the wagon in July. Since July I have dropped about 21lbs. I am now finally back to and under where I was when I started this journey back in September 2012.

Who are your teams?(College and Pro in case you didn't post in the other thread) Pro: 49ers, College: Iowa
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yay! Anytime I get to talk about football is a happy time for me!

My name is Jennifer, I am from Upstate New York ... waaaaaay Upstate. lol. I am 41 years old and I really feel it some days. I would like to lose about 80 pounds, but would be thrilled with 60 pounds. I honestly I am trying to make this an actual life change. I am trying to find balance between wanting to lose weight and trying to find something I can stick to. I have lost and gained weight a billion times .. I am hoping and praying this is my last time.

I have joined a 30 day challenge with Bruce Pitcher, Extreme Weight Loss guy that I ADORE. So .. for 30 days I am going a little extreme with my calories and exercise.

I love the Steelers and I also love Syracuse University, SU. Being that I am from here. lol I also love the Yankees, yes that is baseball, but I had to get my Yanks in there somewhere! I enjoy watching the Lions, I like the QB lol. I also watch Oregon because of their fancy uniforms.

So .. that's me!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    I also love Syracuse University, SU. Being that I am from here. lol I also love the Yankees, yes that is baseball, but I had to get my Yanks in there somewhere!

I am going to pretend I didn't see this. LOL I am a Duke men's basketball fan and a Red Sox fan. (For fun my husband is an Orioles fan)
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I also love Syracuse University, SU. Being that I am from here. lol I also love the Yankees, yes that is baseball, but I had to get my Yanks in there somewhere!

I am going to pretend I didn't see this. LOL I am a Duke men's basketball fan and a Red Sox fan. (For fun my husband is an Orioles fan)

OUCH! lololol :laugh: :flowerforyou: :grumble:
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Abbey, I'm 19 (almost 20! lol) and I'm from northern Indiana.
    My ultimate fitness goal would be to make this a long-term lifestyle change rather than a quick fix; I am hoping to gain the skills necessary to live a healthy lifestyle while I'm still in college.
    I'm 5'2" and 141 currently; my goal right now is 120 but that might change.
    I did share my pro team (Go Colts!) already, but I am a lifelong Indiana Hoosiers fan as well. Which is great because that's where I go. :) I'm also a White Sox fan (and Blackhawks kind of, I was a bit of a bandwagoner when they won the cup a couple years ago).
  • xxash19
    xxash19 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Ashley!

Where are you from? - Philadelphia

Age? - I'm 22 years old

Fitness goals? - I'd really like to build my endurance.

Weight Goals? - My goal weight is 130 lbs.

Who are your teams? - Philadelphia Eagles
  • myjding70
    Options
    Hi! My name is Michelle and I am from northern Minnesota. I actually live next door to the farm I grew up on (didn't see that coming when I was 18!). I am 44 years old, married with 4 boys ranging in age from 6-23.

My fitness goals are to have better cardio endurance (which wouldn't take a lot considering I had ZERO three weeks ago!) and to be STRONG.

My weight goal is to be under 135 (normal BMI, baby!!); so 134.9 would be completely acceptable! ;)

My teams are the Minnesota Vikings (which appears to mean I will be doing every extra challenge that comes up for the next 15 weeks!), the Wisconsin Badgers, the Oregon Ducks and the Oklahoma Sooners. We are a big NBA family, too; in that realm it's the Indiana Pacers (I still love Larry Bird with a passion).