Last trimester, baby rearing to come!

Options
Hiya ladies,

Im in my final weeks now, he is fully engaged and I'm losing my show slowly. We've had a bad few days recently, the pains are notching up - but my cervix is still closed, Its not being confirmed - but I think I am in slow labour.

I've been ravenous these past couple of days (not sure where I'm putting these extra cals! I'll worry about that later) and yet feeling sick with pain, I've never had a baby before but these are like menstrual cramps coming from my back around in to my abdomen. Sort-of a bad stomach pain? and a constant lower back dull pain, I'm putting it down to he's preparing me for whats yet to come or I'm ultra sensitive to pain!

How are you other MFP Mummies doing?

Congratulations for what ever stage you are in at the mo :)

Replies

• harmonyhoran
    harmonyhoran Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    hopefully its your body prepping you so labour will progress faster. do you know if baby is facing back to back on your spine? I hear that can give you back troubles
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Oooh, sounds exciting! As uncomfortable as they are, know these cramps are working on either bringing your cervix down/effacing, etc etc. If you haven't already checked out spinningbabies.com, go check it out! Like the PP said, if baby is posterior (back against your back), it causes back labor. Ideally, you'd like the baby anterior (with head facing your tailbone and there are a bunch of moves you can do now and during labor to help turn the baby that way. (on the spinning babies site)

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and had been having a lot of more "serious" BH, but they seem to have backed off. Definitely lots of mucus working its way out, though! LOL My baby is not engaged at all, which I guess can be common until right before labor once you've had kids and I have been fulling expecting to at least reach my due date. (9/25). When exactly are you due?

I've been waiting for the September babies to start arriving!!! :D
  • JennypegMarie
    JennypegMarie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm due 10th October so 36 weeks exactly tomorrow, I haven't been told he is back to back so hoping he is, exactly where he should be!, these cramps are pretty regular and harsh. It takes time to pant through them, Ive got serious pressure too, With me being a 1st time mummy, I don't know whats normal and the start of things tbh.

I don't mind when he comes has long as he's healty!

Thank you for sharing the link, I will check it out.