Yoga anyone?

Options
jsimm2127
jsimm2127 Posts: 16 Member
Soo I have never been into Yoga but I have a friend at work who is about 20 weeks along says she loves it and it helped her a lot with her previous pregnancy so I thought I would try. She is wayyy more advanced than I so I am looking for a good beginners yoga that I can do now and continue throughout my pregnancy (I'm only about 5 weeks along). Any suggestions?

Replies

• jess_erin
    jess_erin Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm interested as well. I haven't done much yoga at all but I've heard from so many that it's great during pregnancy. Interested in suggestions as well...
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005P0KWUS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the DVD I've been doing. It's nothing too advanced. It is relaxing. You can follow one of the 3 ladies in the video based on how far along you are, and your abilities. The only complaint I have is I wish some of the poses were held longer. Good luck, and congrats on your pregnancy! :flowerforyou:
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I've been doing prenatal yoga since I was 12 weeks (am 30 weeks now) and I love it. Not only does it make you feel better, it helps a lot with breathing and even teaches you some good laboring positions. I HIGHLY recommend it. With that being said, going to take classes can be sort of expensive. I started out doing the prenatal yoga videos on doyogawithme.com. They are free, and offer a few different classes you can try out.
  • Longtobelean
    Longtobelean Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have a yoga for pregnancy DVD that I did last pregnancy. I really need to get back to it! I can't remember the name of it. However, if you do an Amazon search you can find a variet of prenatal yoga videos that would be cheaper to do than going to a class.
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I really want to try it but I don't really like Yoga... ugh... but I feel like it would help with pregnancy/labour. I might try a prenatal DVD, because I'm not sure I want to commit to weekly classes just yet ;)
  • xelor23
    xelor23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I only did one class, at about 11 weeks, and came away with bruised knees. It hurt! I want to try again but am scared of hurting my knees. I did sign up for a aquatic prenatal class and LOVE it so far. See if there is a Cambio Yoga studio near you. I liked the class just not what it did to my knees.
  • missxlisa
    missxlisa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that link ramalem! It always helps to have more free videos for variety!