How do you live with your PCOS?

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Faye, i've known about my PCOS since I was 17 (7 years) and I've always struggled with the fact I have it.
A little more about me... My ob/gyn once told me that I would never conceive naturally after 3 years of trying for a baby an put me on a waiting list to have keyhole surgery on my ovaries. In the meantime my relationship with my ex broke down and after hitting the '4 years of trying' hurdle, I packed up and left him (best.desicion.ever) ((we were very young when we first started trying for a baby 16+17- we had a place and both worked,it was what we wanted, Hense my young age and amount of years trying))
Anyway, four years and not one single pregnancy, I never had a BFP...not once. After leaving my ex I went on an 18month adventure and met lots of people, one of whom is now my partner. We met, fell in love overnight almost and four months later.... 'Baby on Board' !!
My little miss came a big surprise because I was under the impression I couldn't conceive naturally and I'd given up my place on the waiting lost for my surgery when my relationship ended with My ex.

So, I've never really had much time to a just to the idea of PCOS, I've learnt enough to know that it makes it hard to conceive and I know it totally mucks up your body sometimes, what I want to know is how others deal with that? I sometimes feel like a 'not very good woman' - my mindset makes me believe that I don't work right and that means I'm not good at doing what a woman should do... Provide babies!
I really want another baby and we've been contraception free for almost a year, I haven't used any form of birth control since I started trying to conceive with my ex apart from condoms so I know it's down to the PCOS... I'm hoping weight loss/management will help towards achieving baby#2 but in the mean time I can't help but find myself feeling less and less confident it will happen and it make me hate myself!
Sorry for the long post.. XXX

Replies

• VaxSA
    VaxSA Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I cant offer advice on how to cope with it, as it is still something I struggle with on an every-other-day basis, but I do empathize and don't want you to feel alone.

I often feel like a failure as a woman due to my inability to produce children. I know it's 'not my fault' yadda yadda but the end result is still that I can not provide my family with biological children at this stage, and that rankles.

and that's not even beginning to touch on the expressions on people's face when they see me dieting and exercising so hard, and tell me "why go so hard? Its just putting less energy into your mouth than you output each day, its not hard". That kills me, because Im very busy occupying myself in a way that means that idiot wont be murdered any time soon :P

I cant help, but Im right there with you missy moo =D
  • fayelobeck89
    fayelobeck89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    As 'popular' as PCOS is, it's so easy to feel alone.
    When my friends were pregnant and announcing it like it was fashionable it made me feel so useless, pathetic and absolutely beside myself with hate for them, which is awful, but at the time I wanted to close the door on my friendships with them.
    I've got my daughter now. And she is fabulous, but I know the struggle of dealing with the pain of not being able to get pregnant, i mean, how an you grieve for something you haven't had?!

I'm slowly starting to feel the same way I did before I had my little one, that empty feeling that is always there. I don't want to let it get to me like I did before but it's hard.

I'm learning more about pcos as time goes by. There's so much mixed information about it.

As for people who out you down for weight loss, totally with you, I have people send me photos of fast food and meals out! How annoying can people be?
    I just want to tell them to F off with their subliminal diet runining messages! So rude lol!

And before I go, it's so strange you called me missy moo, that's what I call my daughter lol