Poll: How many miles do you get out of your shoes?

Options
2»

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I can get well over 550+ miles on a regular pair of running shoes. If not more. Some "minimalist" types just get holes in the upper or wear thru the soles at 400 or so
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Mizuno Wave Rider 17's are pretty much the only shoe that I've put high mileage on, and they feel weird around 350 and bother me around 400. Currently rotate 3 pairs. I also have Hoka Cliftons with about 100 miles on them and very curious to see how they pan out.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    All of the above posters are Lucky Ducks. The most that I seem to be able to get out of my running sneakers is around 250 miles. After that, body parts in the lower half starting talking to me... :(
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I've put just over 500miles on my Brooks Cascadias, about 75% road, the rest trail. I'm not sure they have much left in them About 150miles on my inov-8 trailrocs, but that's been all trail/OCR and they are still looking almost like new.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    400 or so.

New balance fresh foams have 300 on them so far and feel good still.

Brooks ravenna I could tell around 250 that they were wearing out. Asics didn't last long either.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I believe that constant rotation not only gets me more mileage out of my shoes, it also helps me stay injury free (I throw in some barefoot running now and again too)

I agree with this completely!

I tracked mileage for a while but got lazy and stopped. I rotate my shoes almost daily (Vibram, Merrell, New Balance and Saucony) with some barefoot days as well!
  • CatchMeJess
    CatchMeJess Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Way too many miles! :D C'mon, what's a poor college student to do?

And you're going to cringe here - they're my daily wear shoes too. So after I run in them, I shower, put on fresh socks and wear them all day. I wasn't kidding when I said they had no tread.

Ok, I'm done talking about my poor worn shoes. Carry on.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    This is probably something I need to keep better track of. Without any real record, I would guess I get 300 or so miles in a pair of shoes, I've pushed upward of 450 on a couple. Usually I rotate three pairs (newest pair for long runs and a mid-week easy run, mid-lifers for speed work and the oldest for cross-training) then, when I introduce the new pair, my cross-trainers become my weekend walk-arounds.

I wonder if Garmin Connect will let me tag that in my workouts and tally it up for me...
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I am 175-180 pound mid foot striker, and I wear Mizuno Wave Rider 16s.

I get about 300 miles on them without issue, then start creeping up to 350 miles and I can't really tolerate them longer than about 13 miles.

I currently have 3 pair in rotation - one is only for 10K and under, one is still good up to 15 miles before I get some ankle/knee discomfort, and my new pair have only carried me on a couple of runs - the maiden voyage I got blisters at mile 10 - first time ever with this type of shoe...but I think it is that my running socks are becoming quite threadbare and rubbing.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    On most of mine over 500 miles but I always do not wear the same show on back to back workouts. I have found this tends to give a lot more life. My two current are both Karhu.

29509743.png
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I'm too AR about my shoes... I can't stop buying them and I have a log/diary just for my shoes where I mark the mileage each day and make notes on how they feel and how they are holding up....
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Depends on the shoes. I have some Asics with nearly 600 miles, still going strong and another pair that I retired around 450 because I could see the mid sole wrinkling. I have read reviews of the Saucony Virratas not being a sturdy shoe, but I have nearly 300 on mine and they are still going strong. I rotate my shoes a lot though and I believe I am easy on them, cleaning them and putting them under a fan whenever I run in the muck. Not sure what you call it, perhaps a light heel striker. My wear pattern shows slight wear on the outside edge of my heal and pretty even under the forefoot. I am a lightweight fast cadence runner.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm too AR about my shoes... I can't stop buying them and I have a log/diary just for my shoes where I mark the mileage each day and make notes on how they feel and how they are holding up....

I am a bit of a shoe *kitten* myself. I cannot remain faithful to any one particular brand and I am a sucker for a low drop minimal feature shoe in bright colors!!
  • odywithaj
    odywithaj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i usually put the date bought on the inside of the arch in sharpie, and then use my garmin log to find out milage on a shoe.. i'm not as organized as some of the above posters :)

I usually get anywhere between 500 - 800 K out of a pair of shoes. i find Saucony tend to last a bit longer than Brooks, and about as long as Asics.. I usually rotate between brands, depending on what kind of training I'm doing :)
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I track mileage with RunningAhead. I love that site :)
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    ... and I am a sucker for a low drop minimal feature shoe in bright colors!!

^^^yep! lol...
  • CathOh
    CathOh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm a 115-pound mid-foot striker. I put about 400 miles on a pair of shoes... I either change them when I start feeling aches, when I notice wear on the tread, or at the end of the winter when I realize the salt/ my Yaktrax have disintegrated the mesh on my shoes, whichever comes first. My last three pairs of running shows have been Brooks Ghost (most of my running shoes since 2005 have been Brooks as they tend to make a good shoe for my wide feet).
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I track mileage with RunningAhead. I love that site :)

Same and same :)