For the Ladies-A not-so delicate question about peeing

Options
sillygoosie
sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
Has anyone tried any of the funnel type "urine directors" for women? Basically, it's a funnel made for women so that we can make our tinkle without squatting. I am thinking about getting one of these for a 3 day bike tour this weekend. Not so much for the ride, but the camping. We will be in a tent city on a school field and I really don't want to have to get up in the middle of the night, get fully dressed and walk to a porta potty.

I just want to know if it's worth the $20 or if I'll just end up peeing all over myself. If no one has tried it, I promise to report back on how well (or not) it works. Posting here because they sell them at my LBS so I assume that this is a normal piece of equipment for the cyclist who doesn't have the convenience of a penis.

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    3 things:

1. No I have not tried those.

2. I don't know that I'd want to just be peeing anywhere in a school field even if I had a penis.

3. I have to wonder if the convenience of a penis would really be worth all the hassle they seem to cause.
  • sheclimber
    sheclimber Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have not used one either but it was the source of a lot of discussion last weekend when I and some friends rode a century. My issue with it at that time was, where do you put it when you're not using it. Unlike a boy you can't just put it back in your bike shorts and ride off. But I am interested to hear your review.
  • sillygoosie
    Options
    Yikes! I won't be peeing in a school field! I didn't want to go into details, but I will just say that I don't want to have to leave my tent for the 8 million times that I have to use the bathroom every night, especially when I am trying to stay hydrated for the next day.

The one I'm looking at has a small carrying case that will fit in a bike bag. I think they're made of silicon so they fold up into a small space.

Also, no, having a penis would not be worth the hassle. So many bits just hanging around all the time...
  • dolcezza72
    dolcezza72 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    let me know if you use it and if it works. I used to be able to pee in a straight line, then after having 3 large sized babies, it's like a sprinkler..... I have no idea which way it is gonna go until it's too late.

Maybe the best idea is bring extra socks... :)
  • sillygoosie
    Options
    I bought the GoGirl and it works great! I only had to use it once but it was worth it. The only issue was not being able to rinse it immediately, but I took care of it as soon as I could. It will definitely stay packed with all my camping gear from now on.