Daily calorie limit

Options

Replies

• genki90
    genki90 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is 1730 but I'm losing weight faster than expected so I might increase that. I also eat some of my exercise calories.
    I'm 5'6" (168cm) and weigh 144 pounds (65.5kg)
  • Hakers344
    Hakers344 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My limit is 1250. I'm F503 and currently 146 lbs. I do not eat back my exercise calories, unless it's an extra training session in advance of a special occasion. If I know I'm going out for dinner will pop an extra training session in.
  • Kiyy
    Kiyy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    JoJo that's a temporary solution to loose weight. I am doing it for a determined amount of time. I set a goal of weight and I made a decision to be struck till I get there. My counselor told me to determine who is in control me or the slice of pizza. I choose me!!!

I also have notices that since eating natural veggies and meat I don't have cravings for the junk I use to crave and battle with. I'm suddenly not fighting to stay under my calorie goal so seeing the weight drop It helps me eat well.
  • Kiyy
    Kiyy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Jo Jo you comment hit me in the head lie a brick. Thanks...

That's what I have been doing for so long. I keep trying to eat the same foods and all I do is gain weight and struggle. Our food today is easy and bad for us. If I want to change my weight I have to change my mind. Eating whole foods. Natural real food doesn't make me fat. natural in it's original form. Fish, chicken, meat and veggies are natural. Processed food does make me fat. Sauces and Cheese are not really natural. Bread and Pasta are also processed food. When I eat that stuff I get fat.

I think I may be on to something. I'm changing my mind and what I eat. I just never thought of bread and cheese as processed but it is.
  • cottoncandyclover
    Options
    My BMR is 1419 my limit is 1362, I don't know if I should be eating below my BMR. I will sometimes eat back my calories.
  • frisco111
    frisco111 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My daily cal goal is 1200 kcal. I do not exercise other than 1hr walks 5 times a week. As I have a very sedentary lifestyle (Uni and desk job) I do not eat any calories back. It has been working well so far for me in a form of steady weight loss so for the moment I am not changing anything. In December after my semester at Uni finishes I will add some more exercises - weight lifting most likely.
  • Elutheromania
    Options
    My cal limit is 1200.
    On average I burn about 900-1500 cals from exercise.
    I never eat them all back, but I do try to eat about half back otherwise I find that I feel weak, and I also get migraines frequently.
    Eating them back in small quantities helps boost your metabolism, so I suggest eating them back for the most part.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I eat 1660 a day. I eat half of my cardio burn back but I do not eat my strength training back
  • chardonnaybee
    chardonnaybee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I stick with the 1350 calories a day and I do insanity 6 days a week. I'm on my 3rd week of insanity now and still waiting to see some changes. I hardly ever eat back my calories. Hope that helps!
  • deathbyokapi
    deathbyokapi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1200, but I work out almost every day, and usually burn between 600 and 1000 calories every workout. If I wasn't eating some of those back, I think I'd collapse in a heap by the end of the week.

I do try not to eat them all back though, to give myself some wiggle room. It's working so far!
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My goal is set as 1611, but I try to eat between 1200-1500 a day depending on hunger and stuff. I try to not eat back ALL of my exercise calories, but I usually end up having to eat some of them back so I can feel not groggy and gross. Basically if I workout and I feel off, I have some food and go from there. =)
  • Mommaspoon1
    Mommaspoon1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is 1200 and I would burn an average of 500 calories a day on exercise. I never eat these back and am losing approximately 2lbs per week.
  • onelovejenn
    Options
    I'm at a 1230 calorie goal, and I exercise 5 to 6 times a week. I really appreciate the extra calories I'm awarded for exercising but most of the time I only eat back about 1/3 of what I burn. Believe me 1230 adds up quickly!! I have also found that the more I exercise, the more hungry I am.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1750 and making sure I'm on point with my macros (especially my protein). I lift a lot and will only eat back about half of my cardio burn, not my lifts.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I'm eating at a slight deficit at 2,300 calories. If I have an extensive workout I'll eat well over 3,000 calories so Yes I do eat back some or most exercise calories.
  • heidimmto
    heidimmto Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Heidi and I am happy to start this journey with you, especially now that my current challenge is about to finish. I have some questions though. My daily intake is 1200, it keeps dropping as I lose weight, but I was wondering… why do we have to eat back our exercise calories??? Seriously, IDK that's why I'm asking, didn't we factor those in when we set our weight loss goals. Eating them back wouldn't be like eating more than we need. I usually exercise 6 times a week x 60 min. I eat normally or very few back and so far I haven't felt hungry. Any response will be appreciated! :)
  • beatricelombule
    beatricelombule Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    5'5
    197 lbs
    1640 kcal goal
  • yogajess11
    yogajess11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    In the interest of knowing everyone will tell me I need to eat 1200 calories a day, my goal is to eat 1000 calories a day, plus to work out and "gain back" at least 200 calories a day for a grand total of 1200. I have a desk job that results in an incredibly sedentary day. I will say that I allow myself to go over a little on the weekend at least one day regardless for about an average of 1100-1200 calories a day during the week. Based on past experience I know that anything higher, without exercise, will result in very very slow weight loss for me (i.e., <.5 lbs/week) which just leaves me frustrated and unmotivated. I agree, 1200 cals a day is tough and adds up fast!! But I think it just helps with my motivation to exercise more. Point of reference, I'm 5'5" 130 lbs female.
  • nomoredoughnuts
    nomoredoughnuts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My daily calorie goal is 1200 but i eat around 1300 - 1500 a day. I dont eat all my exercise calories I eat some of them back.

Exactly this :)
  • BabyJUDYKAY
    BabyJUDYKAY Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1300 and no.