Who else has friends that are not very supportive

Anyone else find when they decide to do something positive and get healthy they get mocked by their friends. I probably have 1 friend who is in the same mind set as me , wanting to lose weight and stay healthy . My work colleagues are all bigger than me , all size 20 - 28 UK size , but as soon as I lose weight and produce healthy food for lunch they start their usual tirade of " Oh it wont last , Silly stupid diets you put on more than you lose after "
I don't feel the need to put them down by saying " Eating that will make you even bigger and your heading for diabetes or heart attack" .
I have a meeting all day today , were biscuits , pastries and sweets will be laid out to munch on , that not to mention the ridicule of getting out my healthy lunch whilst they all order cheesy chips with bacon on and a minute salad that they call healthy .
Well that's my ***** for the day , wish me luck x

Replies

• daniat
    daniat Posts: 123 Member
    I find that when you try to make healthy choices, people who are not doing the same, feel like you are criticizing them. It's the whole misery loves company scenario
  • My close friends are supportive but some coworkers of mine can get a bit negative. I try to cheer everyone along . Just hang in there!
  • KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    When I first started a long time ago, one of my BFFs wasn't supportive at all. Actually she said nothing to me until I lost 40lbs. I knew her non-responsive behavior was her being negative (because she is a loud mouth). I've heard her bad mouth her other good friend for trying to get healthy saying that she'll never do it. So I knew that behind my back she was doing the same thing. UNTIL one day 40 was gone! I honestly believe that these type of people are just insecure and know that they would have a problem doing it so they want to bring everyone down with them. Keep your head up, choose healthy and just smile back at the negative :D It will drive them crazy.