Surgery coming up.....

Options
Hi folks

My surgery (gastric sleeve) is scheduled for Wednesday, October 1st, in Red Deer AB,so I am doing one last push to lose a few more pounds before I go under the knife.....

I've heard that there is a direct correlation between weight lost before surgery and weight loss post-op. What's beenyour experience with this?

Replies

• kittenincalgary
    kittenincalgary Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congrats on knowing your surgery date! October 1st will be here pretty fast. :drinker: Im still pre-op myself, so I only know what Ive heard from other people. From what Ive read, everybody's different. I've also seen people say they actually gained a bit before but it didnt affect their overall results.
    P.S. I havent been to Red Deer is many years. There was a restaurant named Patti's that I thought was great that the greyhound bus stopped at for a small break on the trip between Edmonton and Calgary. No idea if its still there.
  • bubblebubbies
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming life change :)

Everyone is different, we all gain and we all lose at different rates. Just follow your surgeons plan and everything will fall into place. I am just shy of 8 weeks post op and I am down 46 pounds, 16 of those being in my pre-op. Good luck with everything!