Exercise and the Whole30

Options
df1982
df1982 Posts: 147 Member
I have yet to make to the gym this week, nor did I make it over the weekend. Is anyone else struggling with keeping up their exercise routine while on the Whole30?

Replies

• mommyofatoz
    mommyofatoz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think for the beginning of a whole 30, yes, it's hard to find the energy to keep up with exercise. I am almost through round three, however, and have enough energy to work out AT LEAST once a day...sometimes twice. When I am between whole 30 rounds (so far have taken a week break between each round) getting back into whole 30 mode slows me down a bit, but not as much as the first time! How long have you been doing whole 30?
  • df1982
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks so much for that insight. I'm on Day 3, but I restarted my 30 days recently after making it to Day 12 or so. I accidentally consumed some soy, which I know is a big no no on the program (I also know I don't do well with soy). Anyways, I started over, and I'm actually thinking about keeping it up until Halloween.

I will admit, once I decided to restart I did allow myself a few more off plan treats that day. That was probably a bad idea in terms of my energy levels. It's good to hear that this will improve.

I'd love to hear more about your experiences with doing multiple Whole30s.This is my second one this year, and I am having a hard time getting back on the wagon in some ways, in spite of how well I know the program works for me.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough carbs?

Take care not to make a self-fulfilling prophecy-type of deal out of it ... the whole "I read that some people have issues with energy levels while on W30 and hey I'm feeling blah too" ... not saying you are doing that, just pointing out that people can have that tendency.

Can you go for a walk at least at lunch time or after work?
  • df1982
    Options
    Are you eating enough carbs?

Take care not to make a self-fulfilling prophecy-type of deal out of it ... the whole "I read that some people have issues with energy levels while on W30 and hey I'm feeling blah too" ... not saying you are doing that, just pointing out that people can have that tendency.

Can you go for a walk at least at lunch time or after work?

Thanks for this. That's a good point. That Whole30 timeline can be a blessing and a curse in that way! I suppose I mean I'm having a harder time during this Whole30 in terms of energy levels than when I did the program previously. I seem to have gotten unlucky with getting sick this time around. I do try to walk or bike to work most days, and I get out to walk my dog, which is great. I think I'm just missing those bigger workouts!
  • df1982
    Options
    Oh yeah - and I eat pretty high carb on the program. I know my body well enough to know that low carb does not work for me! I have a demanding job and totally melt down without my sweet potato and fruit every day.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    And actually I wrote that forgetting that you, as the mod of this group, *probably* has some experience with W30 ;)

Luvvvve sweet potatoes :D
  • df1982
    Options
    And actually I wrote that forgetting that you, as the mod of this group, *probably* has some experience with W30 ;)

Luvvvve sweet potatoes :D

I would say my experience is limited! I have done one Whole30 before this successfully, but I am finding this one way, way harder. I'm not even sure why. I think it is a mindset thing.