introduce yourself :)

Options
I'll start...
I'm Faye, I'm a mum to a 2 year old little girl.
I currently don't work and I have about 2 stone to loose to reach my goal.
I want to expand my family and add a couple of more kiddies to the mix but unfortunately i have a condition that affects my fertility
and being a bit on the heavy side affect the condition. Ive been meaning to loose weight since having my daughter but ive never really had the time or the money to do it. my little one had just started playgroup which means she's out of my hair and in someone elses for two an a half hours s day which had given me my motivation to get rid of the muffin top.
I came across MLPFIM on accident as a quick fix of entertainment for my little one. I fell in love with the show and watch it as often as I can, I am currently half way through the second series of FIM and i've seen equestria girls......:noway:
anyway, add me as a friends if you like and we can motivate each other :)

your turn x

Replies

• Zhryla
    Zhryla Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm Courtney! My husband and I watch it on Netflix. We're on season 3 right now. I loved mlp when I was a kid and have always liked cartoons and cute shows. Being a nerd I saw bronies all the time at conventions or hot topic and finally decided to watch it. It's so cute and amazing. I love how it always has a great message that could be taught to people of all ages, be a good person, don't be a d*ck, friends are good...so on and so forth. :)
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm Laura, 25 with a soon to be 2 year old little boy. I got into it through a friend. :) My son and husband love it. We are waiting for the next season and the next Equestria Girls movie!
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I go by Hobbes and i am 43. I weigh 318 amd need to get down to 150.I have no problems working out, but I do not eat healthy. My husband and I sabotage each other.We'll be doing great & then one of us screws up the diet & drags the other one down with them.

I've been an animation junkie my whole life and my husband is an artist, but not by trade.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Sorry I only remember the original My Little Pony see here under Generation 1: http://www.strawberryreef.com/index.html :heart: :smooched: :wink:

And the grroming parlour that I had: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTYwWDEyODA=/z/ZasAAOSw7NNUFCCW/$_57.JPG
  • fayelobeck89
    fayelobeck89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I was a huge fan as a kid and I remember having so many ponies and accessories!
    I stumbled across friendship is magic a few months ago on an app called cartoon HD I fell in love with the whole concept of ot all over again, my daughter is a huge fan of equestria girls but I'm not too sure, I enjoy it but it's not quite the same!

Refuserist (I hope I spelt that right) you should have a look inline for some of the newer episodes... It's called my little pony, friendship is magic, I'd imagine you'd probaby love it just as much as you did when you were younger!

Nice to have you all in the group!

Xx
  • randomworldgirl
    randomworldgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I still have all my 1st generation ponies. They're in storage right now, but when I move, I have a nice lighted cabinet to display them in. I'm oldskool and not really crazy about the new style, but whatever. The message is the same. Ponies rule!
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    It's awesome to see others here who were into the show as kids and like the new one.

I saw some gifs online related to the show so finally (after a friend told me it was good) gave it a shot fully expecting it to ruin my childhood. BUT then I watched 6 episodes straight and fell in love with the show like I was a kid again.

I also watched all the shows as a kid and had pony toys that went on adventures with my dinosaur toys. :bigsmile:

I'm an artist in my downtime (work in a lab in my daylight hours and some night hours) and have even been guilty of some fanarts... but just a little bit. I wanted to be a cartoonist as a kid. :embarassed:

Nice to meet everyone!
  • fayelobeck89
    Options
    Ponies do indeed rule!

It is lovely to see others if I'm honest, I didn't think it would grow much but it's already more than I thought there would be so.... Ahem.... YAYYYYYYYY!!!

Nice to meet you all xx
  • againeslibrarian
    Options
    Hi! I just joined MFP yesterday, so I'm brand-spanking-new.

I'm a librarian with two sons, a soon-to-be-13-year-old and a 7-year-old. We started watching MLP because we are Lauren Faust fans. Then my sons got into it. :) my elder son has a Derpy backpack.

I think Twilight Sparkle is my favorite.

Nice to meet you all!
  • fayelobeck89
    Options
    Ooooh! A fellow ravenclaw... Welcome to the group! Feel free to add me as a friend, I've only been at this a month!
    Hopfully with the support of others it will help you reach your goals :) xx
  • pegastarlight
    pegastarlight Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm Tim. I work public relations for BronyCon. A bunch of us on BC staff want to get in shape for next year's con, so we're having a friendly fitness competition among ourselves to encourage healthier lifestyle. Since it's all volunteer work, and lots of work year round, fitness can easily slip to the wayside between this and day time jobs.

I came across FIM sometime in January 2011 through all of the pics and memes people were circulating online at the time. I liked the content being created, decided to give the show a chance, and three episodes in I was hooked.

Nice to meet all of you!
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Wow, that awesome. I guess this was a timely group to start. Haha.
  • fayelobeck89
    Options
    I'm Tim. I work public relations for BronyCon. A bunch of us on BC staff want to get in shape for next year's con, so we're having a friendly fitness competition among ourselves to encourage healthier lifestyle. Since it's all volunteer work, and lots of work year round, fitness can easily slip to the wayside between this and day time jobs.

I came across FIM sometime in January 2011 through all of the pics and memes people were circulating online at the time. I liked the content being created, decided to give the show a chance, and three episodes in I was hooked.

Nice to meet all of you!

*bows in awe* - this is awesome! I think you just made this thread 20% cooler!
    Lol!
    Not that any of the other members aren't equally as cool, but, bronycon! Wow!
    I envy your life lol.
  • pegastarlight
    pegastarlight Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't know if my life is really worth envying, lol.
  • fayelobeck89
    Options
    I don't know if my life is really worth envying, lol.

Ah don't be like that :) I et if you really think about it, it pretty awesome no matter what xx