Weekend 19September

Options
Who is racing this weekend? Post here!!

Replies

• JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I am!!
    My 3rd half marathon. I'll try to get a PR, not sure it will happen though. At least I'll have fun :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Air Force Marathon. Priority #1 is to enjoy the race, #2 is to run a 3:30 +/- 5min.
  • EEfromJersey
    EEfromJersey Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone! I'm doing my 2nd HM on Sunday.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous Relay: Hood River to Portland, OR, along the Columbia River Gorge. It really is GORGEous:) We have a team of five: The Madames of Mayhem. I'm running 3 legs, about 15 1/2 miles total.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Beat the Blerch Half Marathon - my 13th half this year.
  • CathOh
    CathOh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my 8th half marathon this weekend. It's an event that I love doing - it sells out, it supports our armed forces, it's local. I don't have a particular goal for this event and I'm running it with a friend of mine (he talks a lot, so I could potentially be distracted enough to run much faster than I would on my own). The weather could be interesting... low of 6C (42F) in the morning with a high of 27C (80.6F) with the humidity for Sunday. The race is at 9:30 am, calling for light rain.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I wish :-( good luck everyone!
  • Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Midtown raleigh 13.1 (wearing my virtual beat the blerch shirt)

Goal 1: 1:30 or below
    Goal 2: 1:32
    Goal 3: 1:33

No goal of 1:31 bc that would just annoy me.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Tecate Half Marathon on Sunday. Last time I checked they were predicting a race day high of 87 and the first 1.5 miles are uphill.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    No race for me. A 5 mile 'pace' run Saturday morning and 11-12 mile LSD run Sunday morning. Next race is a half in mid October. but I might sneak in a 5K sometime before then. Good luck to all who are racing (or just training like me).
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone, have a great time racing!!
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Since everyone else is racing and i have to do my 16 - miler on Saturday, I'm going to do a local 5k on Sunday. PR isn't possible. I'll be pushing my 4.5 y.o. in the Bob and can't imagine that I'd be able to run faster than an 8:20 pace with that thing the day after a 16 mile run. Just doing it to support a local race a mile from my home. And there is a parade and arts festival!
  • suetorrence
    suetorrence Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am running my second half-marathon on Sunday. It will be the first time I have run alone.....without my training partner and husband.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    So far two people on this thread have nailed their goals for the weekend, hope everyone else has equal success.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I had a 12h timed run on a looped course of 6.5mi/loop. Made my goal of 52mi in 10:48. I just wanted to finish the 52 in 12 hours, so I was pretty thrilled. 5k elevation gain/loss (not crazy.)
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I did a local 10k as I thought it would be easier to do my session of 5x 1 mile at 10k pace with 400m steady recoveries in a race situation. But also I was first female (37:34) and we were first female team, so I won some commemorative pottery, two bottles of wine, seven mars bars, a box of chocolates and nine cans of lager.
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Me! I ran my 6th HM yesterday and PRed (mostly downhill FAST course, woohoo)! My goal was to get "close" to my PR, so beating it by a full 5 minutes was pretty sweet.

Great job everybody!!!!!!
  • k_perlinger
    k_perlinger Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ran my 2nd half marathon this weekend. Pr'd by 43 seconds. Not a lot, but the race went much better than I anticipated. I haven't done anything over 8 miles (embarassed to admit that) in quite some time. Looking forward to my 3rd in October.