2»

Replies

• juliebccs
    Options
    So sorry. We'll all be here when your ready. xx
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Take care of yourself, there is nothing worse then losing a loved one!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss! No matter how it happens, it's never something we can be totally prepared for. Be good to yourself during this time and remember all the good memories. Will be praying for you and your family.
  • elifusa
    elifusa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My deepest condolences to you my dear. I lost my Mom last year. It's really tough. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for your sympathy and prayers. The funeral was yesterday and it was a beautiful and loving Celebration of Mom's Life. It was done with faith, love, grace and even two Don Williams songs. lol. That was her favorite singer and I know how meaningful and therapeutic his music was to her. The service closed with Chris Tomlin's version of Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) and Paul Brandt's "How Great Though Art. The pastor read out a eulogy from me and my sister and my niece got up and read her own out loud (she is a rock). The reception was a great time for family and friends to celebrate her life and talk about favorite memories. God gave me the strength to contain my emotions. For some reason it kind of seems like it hasn't really hit me yet and that has me kind of concerned. I think I have just been in "survival mode" and "action mode" doing what needed to get done but I don't think the actual grieving her loss has really hit me yet. It has me very concerned with upcoming surgery, which I have decided to postpone till January. There is no way I'm going to be on a liquid fast for two or three weeks over the holidays and/or recovering from surgery as well as spending my first Christmas without my mom. That would just be too cruel.
    Also, my sister and I have have a lot of legal responsibilities to fulfill including cleaning out mom's apartment and house out where my hoarding mentally ill sister was still living in until recently.
    I am so very grateful though that my mom does not have to live on and suffer. We were praying for her to go quietly into the night and things happened very quickly. It truly was a blessing as her quality of life was diminished and so was her quality of life.
    I know she is watching over me up above with my dad.
    This support group is one of my most helpful tools and I plan to work my way back up to daily contact.
    Wishing everyone a great weekend.:smile::heart:
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I am glad that the service was a good time for reflection on your mom's happier times and focusing on her qualities. Now she can rest peacefully and pain free.
    As for you, you have many things that you are dealing with. The realization of the loss of your mother will come when it is time. We all mourn in our own ways and times.
    You sound as thou you still have quite a few difficult tasks ahead of you still. Remember to be kind to yourself and to take all the time and rest that you will need.
    All the best, Tracy.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tracy for all of your support during this difficult time. You are such a huge support not only in my VSG journey but just in my life as a whole. :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    SO sorry. Hang in there.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Take your time and make sure to also take time for yourself. You are strong and capable and will get through this. We're here when you need a respite or support.

Rob
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I just saw this. Please accept my deepest condolences.

hugs.