Lean, Mass or Classic?

Options
Hi to all of you P90x3(ers)!!!
I have just completed the first month of p90x3 classic schedule with a small caloric surplus on my diet. I can feel stronger, I certainly see some definition but I am not quite sure how I should continue from now on. I am 5 feet 10 inches tall, 154 pounds with 16.5% body fat (please refer to my profile picture). So I would like to ask some your opinion, what schedule should I follow now? I obviously want to get bigger but I also want to go down to body fat percentage. Should I maintain my weight and start the mass calendar or you would recommend something better? Thank you in advance...

Replies

• red66stang
    Options
    If I were you I would stick with the classics schedule. I don't know if people can gain mass easily on P90X3 (compared to a real weight lifting program), since there really isn't much heavy lifting involved other than pushups and pullups. I'm almost finished with the classics schedule and haven't gained much size but have lost a little body fat.
  • su93rn0va
    su93rn0va Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would stick with the classics schedule. I don't know if people can gain mass easily on P90X3 (compared to a real weight lifting program), since there really isn't much heavy lifting involved other than pushups and pullups. I'm almost finished with the classics schedule and haven't gained much size but have lost a little body fat.

Hi there, thank you very much for your reply. I would like to know how much fat you have lost. Were you in a calorie deficit? I am currenty on my fifth week and I have lost already 1.5% body and I am down to 150 pounds. I incorporated some morning (fasted) cardio during the days I don't do leg workout. What exactly were your gains? Do you believe it worths the 3 months effort?
  • red66stang
    Options
    I'm not sure how much fat I lost. I only weigh in after I finish each block so my next weigh in will be this Friday after I finish victory week. I think my total weight loss will come to around 5 lbs. I was eating 1800 calories a day for the first two months and then upped it to 1900 calories because I didn't want to lose any more weight. My starting weight was 153.6 lbs.

As far as whether it is worth it...I am on the fence. I did gain some muscle mass and lose fat, but nothing like what you'll see in the advertisements. I did it because I could easily fit it into my schedule and I am seeing some gains. If that describes you then it is worth doing. But if you have the time and dedication to do a more serious workout program with heavy weight lifting you'll probably be happier with the results.

Here is my 2 month picture, to get an idea of what I lost. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1441865-chaning-calories-partway-through-p90x3