tasty meals uk

Options
Anyone want to share their favourite meals? Low cal of course! I'm hopeless at cooking and after years of eating the same foods on the same day, I'm in dire need of a kick up the bum. I just don't know what to eat that will be tasty and help lose weight. There is a fab thread, many people showing photo's of what they are eating, trouble is they are all american and I don't know what the ingredients are. Sweet potato seems to feature a lot tho, with peanut butter? Any suggestions will be gratefully received. Slow cooking is a favourite, then portion the result out and freeze.

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Depends what you like really

I sometimes have fresh mackerel, from Asda, supplied in a cook in bag, 20 minutes in the oven, with steamed [could be boiled or microwaved] veg like broccoli, carrots, peas, frozen mixed veg etc, with cheese sauce made from granules, like Bisto

Or pork loin steak / chop, grilled, with similar veg but gravy? And perhaps a mini new spud or two?

The good old casserole or stew, either meat or veg based, your choice, portion and freeze

PS you could also keep it simple, a couple of slices of ham, oven chips, and fried or poached eggs [not to much oil in a non stick pan]

PPS I have sent you a friend request
  • FoodieMotion
    FoodieMotion Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have some slimming world cookbooks which are great for recipe ideas and low cal. I always change the processes slightly to tailor to our tastes but there are some great ones in there.

If you have any ideas just send me a pm and I can look some up for you?
  • donnabullen
    donnabullen Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have sent all of you a friends request, feel free to look at my diary, my food mainly consists of cambridge weight plan meals which are low carb and high protein x
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Nice to see some booze in there :-) Hic
  • whippetwomen
    whippetwomen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi foodie, thank you for your offer. I like casseroles, salads, pasta, rice dishes. Pretty much anything except spicy curry foods. Not a great cook tho!