Time Heist *spoilers* (Probably. I dunno, maybe...)

DoctahJenn
DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
I'm just gonna go on out and say it: I liked this one.

The Doctor was clever. There was appropriate usage of aliens. It all added up, as far as I can tell. And hey! Clara didn't save the day! Score!

I giggled a little when they came out of the vent and Capaldi looked like he was thinking, "I'm too old for this..." Nice little nod to the fact that it was something they did a lot in the past, but this Doctor has a few more limitations due to his age. I'd like to know if it was the Director's idea or Capaldi's. Also how he got tired and winded running. Nice touch.

Here's the one thing that's been bugging me a little, however: Since when can the Doctor navigate the TARDIS to a pinpointed moment in time? It's been a constant part of Doctor Who that he has a hard time controlling the thing, but here we find Capaldi popping in and out of time within a minute or two of his intended destination. Does the TARDIS like him more in this new body and cooperate? Has this new regeneration given the TARDIS more precise controls? I've never been entirely clear on how much navigation is controlled by the Doctor and how much by the TARDIS itself...

Replies

• I liked the dimensional shift bomb. It reminded me of the Acme Portable Hole from the roadrunner cartoons. :smile:
  • GeronimoMikk
    GeronimoMikk Posts: 13 Member
    He's been running, rode hoseback, fell into goo pit and lake.... Seems like he can do it all! Love Capaldi.

I like Team Not Dead a lot more than Paternoster gang..
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    It seems like his control of the tardis has always been dependent on if the tardis thinks he needs to be somewhere else at that exact moment. I think if the Tardis is in agreement or has no particular plans for him he's got complete control.
  • I liked this one too.
    In fact, I've liked them all so far. I gotta say I was one of the naysayers when they announced Capaldi would be playing the doctor, and I was dreading it up until the first episode...but I have been pleasantly surprised.
    Like you, I loved the hints of his age getting to him, and that Clara didn't save the day!! (I have never been a big Clara fan, but I am finding myself liking her so much more now that the doctor is able to put her in her place lol)
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    I didn't get around to watching until this morning, {so I stayed away from this thread}. It was a good twist, robbing the bank to save the mind suckers. The new Doctor is growing on me too. As an old fart myself, I can relate to having to stop to catch your breath. Any monsters chasing me will have to do it slowly, or I'll get caught.

Larro
  • I'm really loving Capaldi