Introduction

Options
Hello, My name is Sal, I just joined this group today. I'm starting a bit late in September but I will try to catch up.
My goal is to lose 30 pounds, My goal weight is 130. I hope to reach 130 pounds by January.

Replies

• caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Sal, I just joined this group today. I'm starting a bit late in September but I will try to catch up.
    My goal is to lose 30 pounds, My goal weight is 130. I hope to reach 130 pounds by January.

This group has not started yet. I plan on releasing more info today! :-)
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    :-)
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I'm Nikki... A biker who runs, lifts and enjoys taking group classes... Oh and I teach spinning. I run more than bike during the winter for obvious reasons, but I really don't love running, and I hate treadmills. The first mile of every run is hard for me to find my rhythm... but love the way I feel and look when I run more... I often need a little extra motivation to either layer up and get outside or suck it up and hit the dreadmill... Sounds like a fun way to keep me going. Thanks!
  • fattymcbuttrpants
    Options
    Hi! I'm Bri!

I've been feeling super motivated so far and have been staying on track pretty well; however, cold weather makes me want to stay in doors and not do ANYTHING but eat soup and carbs ;) I work 2 jobs and am going back to school for my phd so any motivation to keep me going is appreciated! Can't wait to start with you gals!

My Instagram name is also fattymcbuttrpants
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm JJ.

Biking is my preferred activity but as it gets colder I dread heading to the trainer or finding enough layers to survive the cold. Maybe this will keep me motivated.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for setting this up. I am really looking forward to joining in. What exercise is allowed to be counted. If i deliberately get our for a walk can i include that ? I use a hrm on my exercises so I can just take the times off that. I am really looking forward to it
  • bake_n_run
    bake_n_run Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this :) I am flying in December to go home (India) would be hard for me to resist my mom's handmade dishes but this challenge can help me stay motivated to atleast be active everyday. Looking forward to it :D
  • firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Frances. I am looking for ways to encourage more exercise. I am having trouble getting my food under control, but it is easier for me to get the exercise in. I want to be doing 10,000 steps each day by the end of the year.
  • alligatorrawr
    alligatorrawr Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Allison, my first goal is to get under 200 pounds by Jan 1st. and my 2nd goal is 160 by July 15th :)
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for setting this up. I am really looking forward to joining in. What exercise is allowed to be counted. If i deliberately get our for a walk can i include that ? I use a hrm on my exercises so I can just take the times off that. I am really looking forward to it

Yes, anything goes! I'm hoping for a lot of variety
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    This challenge sounds great! I like committing to the idea of about an hour of activity each day, but knowing that I can always take a day off if I need it and put that time in another day :-D For exercise, I usually do dance or spinning classes, workout videos, or take nice long walks around town. The weather is perfect for walking these days! Good question about walking, davert123. I was also curious about that. I think for myself, I'm going to just count things other than walks, even intentional walks. I have my fitbit connected to MFP, so since I don't manually enter walking, it'll be easier and more of a challenge for me to visualize activity minutes that I'm entering into MFP.
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

I'm Steph. I'm mostly just interested in joining so that I can work on my consistency. I weight 279 and am hoping to get to 240 by the end of the year. I've got a long way to go and it's definitely a big goal, but I think I need to set some big goals to keep pushing myself. I've been taking this weight loss thing too casually for what I want and need to achieve. What I mean is that I need to be honest and recognize that I haven't tried as hard as I could and I haven't given 100%.

I'm excited to hear all the different ways people get their hours in. Good luck everyone.
  • mrsleonard12
    mrsleonard12 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Alexis. I want to lose about 30-40lbs and this will be a great way to keep me motivated and gain some new friends :). I look forward to starting and hope you guys can reach your goals! Fell free to add me!
  • mmalo446
    mmalo446 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Megan. By New Years I would like to lose my last 20lbs and then I can work to keep it off until graduation in May. I would love to be able to go home for Christmas and finally let my family see the hard work I've been putting in.

Good luck to everyone out there. :)
  • tehmurphygrace
    Options
    Hi Hi,

My name is Mariah. My goals aren't really set in place so far on how much I want to lose/when. My main goal right now is just to get more active so I can feel more energized and reap the physical and biochemical benefits that exercise will have for my body. Looking forward to everyone meeting their goals!

Peace :)
  • luna323
    luna323 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is great! Thank you for setting this up. I have been completely slacking on my goals lately so this is the right push for me. Next 100 days will be amazing!
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Lauren, 32, live in Wyoming with my husband and two kitty cats. I don't have a ton to lose - goal is 7 pounds by the end of the year - but I also will need some motivation to stay active once it gets cold and snowy here! I live at 7200 feet so winter is just around the corner. Good luck to all of you :smile:
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Jessica and I started getting serious about my weight loss during the last week of February. I started focusing on my calorie intake and did T25. From T25 I did Insanity. And from Insanity, I'm now doing P90X3. I'm excited to be apart of the challenge. Good luck to everyone!
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hey! Im Curly from the UK.
    Ive just started lifting and that conks me out so 1 hour a day might be a challenge! Ill have to do very light 1 hours in-between :bigsmile:
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Amanda, 25, live in Kansas with my husband and our very spoiled black lab/retriever mix.
    This is about my 3rd time restarting on MFP and I'm really excited to have motivation to keep going (especially since the scale is refusing to show how hard I'm working at the moment) and exercise through the end of the year (and beyond, of course! By then it should be a habit).