Anxious for my next appointment

Options
mg720
mg720 Posts: 212 Member
Hey ladies. Am i the only one who gets very anxious between appointments ? My last one was about a month ago and my next one is oct 1 (i will be finishing up my 4th month at the time of appointment). I just hate the wait in between i guess i like the peace of mind that everything is going well. I HOPE that my dr is able to tell me the gender during my next appointment but im unsure if it will be too soon to tell. I just am trying to in general stay positive and tell myself everything is fine and my little pumpkin is doing well in my belly.

Replies

• janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    No you are not the only one! I'm 29 weeks now and it's not as bad for me as it was but I went through a period (round about the same point you are now) where I was convinced that something would go wrong - and the appointments were such a relief for a day or so! If it is any consolation, all my concern and paranoia was unfounded and all my appointments and updates have been really positive.

We found out gender at 20 weeks so you should be at around the right time to be told. Good luck with it all!
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Same for me! My next appointment is Sept 29 and it will be one month in between appts. I am 16 weeks and reading that sometimes one can feel the baby move at this point, this is my first so I haven't noticed anything yet. so waiting for the next appt for confirmation that everything is well. (I know 16 weeks is also early to feel movement, but still waiting for that first feeling).
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    ganzelly - this is my first and I didn't really feel movement until about 20 weeks - it's nerve-racking waiting for it though!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I was nervous between apooints too and always had high blood pressure as seemed to get myself into a fizzle! lol. (blood pressure was fine at home though).

We didnt find out the sex though.
    I didnt feel any movement until after my 20 week scan so prob 22 weeks or so.
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    so great to know im not alone!!! the count down continues for me and hubby until oct 1st lol
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    This is my second, and I still get nervous! I was way more nervous with my first. With baby #1, I felt baby move around 22 weeks, this time I started feeling baby around 17-18 weeks.