Curlychip
Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
Lunge with 7 bar above head
Lunge with 7 bar on shoulders
Straight lunge
x3 reps: 22,16,10
Row 400m between sets
Knee to floor.
Shook like a leaf and legs collapsed 5 times! Cried a little ;-)
16m 57s

Im weak like a kitten compared to everyone else in the room! Id better improve soon... ;-)

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Straight lunge
    Row 400m between sets
    Knee to floor.
    16m 57s

Im weak like a kitten compared to everyone else in the room! Id better improve soon... ;-)

And you are stronger than all the people still sitting on their couch, and many of the people in that room were in your shoes a few years ago!
  • Curlychip
    Options
    Thank you! :heart: Back on wednesday to kick it some more :bigsmile:
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Straight lunge
    Row 400m between sets
    Knee to floor.
    16m 57s

And you are stronger than all the people still sitting on their couch, and many of the people in that room were in your shoes a few years ago!

So true. Well done! I've got mine on Wednesday... crapping myself! I'm aching as it is. Hope I'll recover by weds!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Please, listen to Boston. He knows whereof he speaks.
    The only way to get stronger is to keep going.
    I am over 50 years. So, I am just about last in all the WODs at my gym. It is a bit discouraging. But, hey, no one else my age is even in there.
    And, I heard a really encouraging thing when I was watching the Crossfit games this summer. Maybe it will help you too.
    The commentators were interviewing a guy who had won his masters division. I think it was the 50-54 years age group. Maybe it was the 55-59 year group.
    They asked him: "How does it feel to be the winner?"
    "Winner?" he said. "I am just incredibly relieved not to be last, because in the workouts at my box I am last every time!"
    You'll always have somebody stronger than you. Or, faster than you. Or both. It is nothing to worry about.
  • Curlychip
    Options
    Thanks guys :love:

Guess I just need to concentrate on getting fitter. Others will just be glad they aren't the last so at least Ill get cheered on by everyone! :laugh:
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I definitely finish near the bottom more often that not. Doesn't bother me. I am improving and getting better. I'll be competitive soon enough
  • Curlychip
    Options
    Love it!
    Im creeping around like a little old lady today though - hope its not too much leg work tomorrow :tongue:

What level does competition start at? (Apart from within the Box)
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    They were all were you are before. If you give it all, they don't care how long it takes, how many times you cry or how you struggle, they will cheer you on. That is crossfit, and why it is wonderful. Plus when you do this WOD or a similar one in a month or so you will be so proud at how much better you have gotten.

PS Curtis P's (lunge with bar) suck.
  • Curlychip
    Options
    :laugh: Thank you!
    Did another one today where I ran for the first time in 3 years :drinker: and did dead lifts and burpee press ups.
    Lotsa fun. Im going to love this.
  • Curlychip
    Options
    First Rx now ;-)

It was 3k ski, 3k row and 3k run (with walking)
    I didn't do any exercise 2 weeks ago so this was a big deal for me :-D
  • Curlychip
    Options
    Hmmm, 2 weeks in.
    Unsurprisingly i guess after going all out from nothing, my left thigh has gone ping. Wasn't even doing anything!
    Ive iced it and i guess ill go more gently. Any other advice? i was planning on the next workout being monday.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Ice and ice again. See how you and if it feels odd then ask your coach for a subsitute if your WOD involves squats/lunges/runs
  • Curlychip
    Options
    Thank you!
    Todays WOD is Thrusters (not with my leg) and double unders.
    I can't even do single unders so Im staying home to practice them ;-)
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Please, listen to Boston. He knows whereof he speaks.
    The only way to get stronger is to keep going.
    I am over 50 years. So, I am just about last in all the WODs at my gym. It is a bit discouraging. But, hey, no one else my age is even in there.
    And, I heard a really encouraging thing when I was watching the Crossfit games this summer. Maybe it will help you too.
    The commentators were interviewing a guy who had won his masters division. I think it was the 50-54 years age group. Maybe it was the 55-59 year group.
    They asked him: "How does it feel to be the winner?"
    "Winner?" he said. "I am just incredibly relieved not to be last, because in the workouts at my box I am last every time!"
    You'll always have somebody stronger than you. Or, faster than you. Or both. It is nothing to worry about.

He must train at Invictus.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Thank you!
    Todays WOD is Thrusters (not with my leg) and double unders.
    I can't even do single unders so Im staying home to practice them ;-)

I still can't string together doubles, but singles you can pick up in a few weeks with practice.

When I was 13 I'd just grown six inches in the past summer (from 5'6 to 6'0) and was a total clutz. My dad got me a jump rope and had me use it every day. Didn't take long ot pick up and got me accustomed to my new size.
  • Curlychip
    Options
    :blushing: Just been whipping myself in the legs a little bit and think Im starting to get the hang of it!
    Well Ive managed a few anyway...:laugh:

Your dad knew what he was on about then. Has he done crossfit type exercise?
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    ^wear long pants when practicing DUs. Always.
  • Curlychip
    Options
    :laugh:
  • FWMagicMike
    FWMagicMike Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Want to be really good at DU's... don't wear sneakers... :noway: :laugh:
  • Curlychip
    Options
    :tongue: Ok!