The in between body!

Options
ITS MISERABLE!

I'm 4 weeks pp tomorrow, and I have a two year old. I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight (which is still morbidly obese, but hey it is what it is!) but have a looooooong way to get to my goal weight. Yesterday I emptied three full bins of fall/winter clothes and absolutely none of them fit, even the stuff I wore at my heaviest and I'm 30 lbs lighter than that! It's so frustrating not to look decent in your maternity, but also be too big for your normal clothes. Looks like I need to get a handful of tunic type sweaters... falls might just have to be nothing but leggings for me. Bummer!

Replies

• Im 7 weeks PP and Im ~4-5 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight and I'm in the same boat. It's frustrating to have a whole closet full of clothes but to have to resort to maternity clothes. It's unfortunate but I figure I'll have to deal with the situation and just lose weight and shape up, regardless of the number.

Good luck :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm nowhere near my pre-pregnancy weight yet, and I'm 4.5 months post partum, but I'm so close to fitting into some old jeans, so kind of the opposite to you guys! These jeans are my 'fat jeans' and they were falling down pre-pregnancy, but they're the jeans I bought just before I was pregnant with my first back in 2008 and I thought I looked good then. It's so weird how self perception changes because I think I look massive now.

I've lived in leggings and long tops all Summer, or maxi dresses as I looked so awful. I'm hoping by the time the weather cools down my jeans fit properly (I'm in England). My knee high leather boots won't do up over my calves yet though, so looks like it's my flat boots this autumn.
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    *Nods Head* I completely relate to everything that you said. Beside the squishy tummy and wider hips that won't fit into the pre-pregnancy clothes yet, I am breastfeeding my little one. So my boobs are twice the size that they normally are. In the process of trying to figure out a wardrobe that I feel okay in and that I can quickly access the food supply for the little.

I just try to remember on those tough days that eventually this does pass. I felt this same way twice before and eventually your body will start responding and get there. It took 9 months to grow and nurture your baby, so it will take just as much time to get back to where you were. If you ever get there, and I say that because after my first baby my hips were permanently 2 inches wider then pre-pregnancy. Just something that happened during the pregnancy and labor. But remember how well you took care of you body while you were pregnant, how you glowed at the fact of what it was accomplishing, and loved it. You need to do all those same things now, because 'Hey' your body completed a miracle and brought new life into this world.

Give it time and enjoy your little one!
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I am 7 weeks PP and although I am 10lbs lighter than I was when I got pregnant, my clothes don't fit right. Plus my body seems to be oddly mushy. I am hoping that drinking more water will speed up the process. Just started working out yesterday (had a c-section) and it was HARD. I actually had cramps from it. I am going to see how it feels when I work out today.
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I am 7 weeks PP and although I am 10lbs lighter than I was when I got pregnant, my clothes don't fit right. Plus my body seems to be oddly mushy. I am hoping that drinking more water will speed up the process. Just started working out yesterday (had a c-section) and it was HARD. I actually had cramps from it. I am going to see how it feels when I work out today.

I am 5 months post C-section and the "mush" goes away. My C-section belly didn't start going down until about 6 weeks or so ago. Give yourself some time, but take care of yourself and drink lots of water!