Paleo Challenge

Options
bostonwolf
bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
So we are doing a five week Paleo challenge at our gym that started two Monday's ago. I'm down 7.5 lbs and have achieved what I call the Paleo Burn, where I just feel very energetic and a wee bit warmer than I normally am. Love it.

My macros yesteray (workout day) were 120g carbs, 165 grams of fat, 197 grams of protein. Pretty much right where I want it, though I will occassionally drop carbs dramatically (40g) for a day at a time. If I'm working out I keep it over 100g.

And last weekend was something of a bust. I had two events already planned. Dinner at a steakhouse to celebrate a friend's birthday where I had a few drinks and a birthday party for my brother in law. No alcohol, but a few pieces of bread. Mainly meat though (oysters, lobster, pork chop, chicken) so it wasn't too bad. Want to power through this weekend pretty clean and finish up strong.

Replies

• ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up and stay focused, you've got this!
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Restaurants are so hard when you are with others who are not following the same lifestyle. When I am by myself, I tell them no bread as soon as I get there....as much as I don't want to :) Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Good job! :glasses:
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Restaurants are so hard when you are with others who are not following the same lifestyle. When I am by myself, I tell them no bread as soon as I get there....as much as I don't want to :) Great job! Keep up the good work!

we went out to dinner this week. Chicken wings with no sauce and a greek salad, no feta or breadcrumbs, olive oil on the side and double the order of steak tips on top. You just have to do it, is all :)
  • bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    No bread or cheese? It's like my definition of hell.

haha
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    nice job - but you know olive oil is all good on Paleo