When do you measure your bp

Options
zosia141
zosia141 Posts: 44 Member
My doc said its highest in the morning. Is that when you check yor bp? Before or after you take your meds? Or breakfast? Or coffee? These all will affect my bp. When is the best time to get a reading.

Replies

• JoeyB56
    JoeyB56 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I try to take it before my meds in the morning, and the I try to get at least one if not 2 readings spread through the day
    I want to see how bad things are before my meds kick in. I also want to see how my day and it's stresses affect my readings.
    And if I work out I'd like to see if that has a positive effect.
  • zosia141
    zosia141 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My doc cut my dose of cozaar from 50 mg to 25 mg and told me to monitor my bp, taking the measurements first thing in the morning then later in the day after I've taken meds.

Just back from dr. Appt. she took me off cozaar completely, told me to keep measuring bp and come back in 2 weeks to see if my bp stays low enough to stay off this drug. Keeping fingers crossed and exercising every day.

That leaves me on 25 mg of the beta blocker metoprolol. I never thought I'd get bp meds reduced.
  • ckdprevent
    ckdprevent Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That is great. I am bad about not taking my BP daily like I am supposed to. When I do I take in morning before my bp medicine and in the evening when I get home from work.
  • Cricket09
    Cricket09 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats Zosia141!!! That's awesome! You're doing something g right.
  • angelcop74
    angelcop74 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I take mine before bed usually because the baby is in bed and I am more even keeled haha my doctor saw of try not to take it right after activity.