First Marathon Report!

Options
2»

Replies

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a first marathon. Congratulations!!! Wonderful job.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations!!! A victory well deserved. I can't imagine a full today. Wonder when I'll get courageous enough to train. I ran my first half on Sunday too. It was not half as exciting as yours but we had fun! I run with a friend and we really enjoyed it. We are running a few more though before signing up for a full.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Congratuations! I've done a number of trail halfs here in the PNW with roots, rocks, mud, and elevation and can appreciate how much harder they are than road races. I can't imagine a whole marathon. :drinker:
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a fantastic report! So happy for you that your 1st Marathon was a kickass toughest one.

I have read your post in the past and did read your concerns/questions you put in here during the training.

For me, it was wonderful re-collection of those old post of yours and then reading this report and putting everything together.

Thanks for sharing. Great Job. High Five to you!
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I admire you! Well done, congrats!
    Stef.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    A great report! Sounds like one tough, tough race. well done.
  • valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Huge huge congratulations that was some achievement! talk about a baptism of fire, or mud :) thanks so much for the brilliant report back. Well done.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    This was no "walk in the park." Congratulations. Road course marathons are probably going to be pretty tame by Fairbanks standards.

Just remember, in Alaska, the odds may be good, but the goods are usually odd.
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    fANTASTIC ACHIEVEMENT . THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE , VERY INSPIRING.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And on a tough course!!!!
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. The first one is always the most important and you feel the most accomplishment.