Sept 24th

Options
Hi Everyone,

It's a late start to the day so i'm not certain if anyone will look at this till tomorrows thread, but I have been doing some thinking (I know, dangerous) and thought I would post.

I think of saturday I will make my first cloths donation, getting rid of most of my XXXL clothing. Very few of my cloths, except for my exercise clothing, actually fit anymore (and even now they are getting loose). I'll have to go through a lot of my old cloths (i've done this before but I can't really remember what was what) to find ones that fit now and to see if I can locate another pair of pants otherwise I'll have little to wear down their. Then I will have to go clothes shopping.

Then on Sunday I am going on a long bike ride, maybe 65-70 miles.

So what are you doing this weekend?

Replies

• I am at the very start of my journey and I have made the decision to go back to the gym next week! Want to lose 21lbs by 18/12 so need to get focused!
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Welcome Claire and good luck on your journey.
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    I should probably purchase some new cloths before getting rid of all the old ones. I would like to have something to wear...
    Goody, my favorite activity. I could do it online, just need to be able to return if my measurements are off.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hi Pat, I have done the same as you, ordered some bits online and picked up a couple of things when shopping for DS, and the too big stuff got sent to a charity shop. Just don't spend a fortune on new stuff as you WILL be shrinking out of that stuff one day too :) Wtg, I think the whole clearing out of larger clothes is a huge NSV.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I agree, donating clothes makes you feel awesome for a few reasons.....You are helping someone else out who truly is in need. Also, you are telling yourself that you will not gain the weight back. Kudos on both.

This weekend I am running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. I have to go to the flea market on Saturday for some dog food, some fruits and veggies, Sunday I have a birthday luncheon for a friend of mine. (Can't wait to see her again)

For me, this weekend, I plan on doing some soul searching and making some decisions that have been weighing heavily on my mind.

Cari from DE
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    We are going through the closets this weekend too. Have to make sure all the boys have enough clothes that fit. The new twist is this year I had to go through mine as well. I went to pull out my favorite sweater that I wear to a lot of the boys football games and it was really not any where close to fitting. Then I grabbed a smaller one...same thing...and another and another.... I have a total of three winter shirts and one pair of jeans that fit/are passable. Husband and kids keep telling me I have lost a lot of weight but I still don't see it. I am half tempted to ask my sister if I can go through her clothes that were too small that she is putting aside for a rummage sale for next year. She hasn't said a word about my weight loss other than to tell me I need to go on a thyroid med so I can lose weight. I need to buy new bras too-things are getting a bit jiggly since the old ones are too big.

We are also going to look for an elliptical. I love biking weather permitting but realistically WI winter does not equal biking so I am looking for something different to break up the monotony of the treadmill. Between hubby and I we have put a lot of miles on the treadmill so I know we will get use of it.
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Wow looks like a lot of us are in a pre winter de-clutter mood! That is on my list for fall.. to cut through all the clutter in my house and donate what I don't want. I am SO looking forward to ditching the big clothes.. GO PAT!

Cari, I don't know what big decisions you have to make, but I wish you all the wisdom you need to make those decisions and stick with them, even if they are hard.

This weekend.. hmm.. early Saturday morning I am going with my friend to a dog show, she is showing her Great Dane and will be handling her on her own, I am going as moral support and photographer. Her Dane and my GSD are playmates. Speaking of my Remy, I tried school with her on a leather collar last night and she was NAUGHTY.. even tried to slip her collar at one point.. so we are going back to the strict stuff tonight..bad girl. I love her though.

Other than that I have no plans but I HAVE to get out of the house!
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Well I did a little online looking and did some of my measurements so I think I will purchase a few sets of clothing. Not a lot since in two or three months they wont fit either. But by that time I should fit into some of my old stuff since I have a closet full of cloths I can't actually believe I once fit in. Thankfully I am good with a small set of cloths since I work from home half the week who needs to know I woe those pair of pants twice.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I guess we are a day behind. Works for me. In need of thoughts and prayers for guidance in a poor situation I got myself into but can't seem to bail myself out of...(financial, with legal repercussions). So stressed I can't see straight. Anyway, thoughts, y'all...that is all I'm asking, unless you know how I can make some money quickly online (local isn't much of an option)... Hugs, c

P.S. Sending positive thoughts and all to everyone!
  • xael1234
    xael1234 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think we are going apple picking this weekend