First 50 Miler

Options
2»

Replies

• jturnerx
    jturnerx Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    kavery29 wrote: »
    Yes! If it weren't for the pickles and the aid stations having ice, I don't know if I would've made it! ;)

(Bees and Wasps sounds HORRIBLE btw....good luck!!!)

Thanks! It went great. No issues whatsoever and felt super positive from start to finish. It was an out and back with something around 8,000 feet of elevation gain. On that course and with the heat I figured if I was having a good day I'd be sub-12 hours and I came in at 11:25, my fastest time on a hard course. I'm really happy with how I paced it too. My second half split was only 10 minutes longer than my first half split, 5:37 and 5:47 respectively. And best of all, no bee and wasp stings! lol
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    jturnerx wrote: »
    kavery29 wrote: »
    Yes! If it weren't for the pickles and the aid stations having ice, I don't know if I would've made it! ;)

(Bees and Wasps sounds HORRIBLE btw....good luck!!!)

Thanks! It went great. No issues whatsoever and felt super positive from start to finish. It was an out and back with something around 8,000 feet of elevation gain. On that course and with the heat I figured if I was having a good day I'd be sub-12 hours and I came in at 11:25, my fastest time on a hard course. I'm really happy with how I paced it too. My second half split was only 10 minutes longer than my first half split, 5:37 and 5:47 respectively. And best of all, no bee and wasp stings! lol

Congrats!!! That's an AWESOME time! I want to do another one sometime and try for under 12:00!
  • valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    congrats on a job well done, I loved that your last mile was the fastest, you were still strong even then, and that in every one of your pictures you have a big huge grin on your face. Very inspiring