the bigger the belly, the better the lover!

Options

Replies

• wildskies
    wildskies Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wish they'd told my ex that. When he was thin he could last forever, as he got older and heavier he couldn't last 2 minutes. lol
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    There was a thread about this very topic in the chit chat forums.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1446477-why-men-with-big-bellies-might-make-better-lovers

I can't open the article at work... but I imagine the premise is stamina makes a man a better lover, and men with larger stomachs have longer stamina?
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Wish they'd told my ex that. When he was thin he could last forever, as he got older and heavier he couldn't last 2 minutes. lol

I was thinking that we might have someone prove the opposite!! Thanks for stepping up :flowerforyou:

It seemed quite a bizarre 'science' seeing as I never had any complaints with my ex's who have been mostly slim!! :noway:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    There was a thread about this very topic in the chit chat forums.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1446477-why-men-with-big-bellies-might-make-better-lovers

I can't open the article at work... but I imagine the premise is stamina makes a man a better lover, and men with larger stomachs have longer stamina?

I dont visit the main forums - too b!tchy!! :sad:

And yes, you're right, the stamina of a man with a belly is supposed to be longer than his fitter/slimmer contemporaries. Not in my experience........:ohwell:
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Bogus! ;)
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    This article was written by a man with a belly, for sure.

Plus the study seems to mention "premature ejaculation" as a research topic, so might not be true always.

The conclusion:
    "The mean BMI of premature ejaculators (24.9±3.4 kg m–2) was lower than the mean BMI of control (27.5±3.6 kg m–2; P<0.001). As the BMI increased, the number of patients decreased in the PE group. The number of the obese cases in the control group (n=26, 24.1%) was three times greater than the obese premature ejaculators (P<0.005), and the number of PE patients were approximately two times greater than the control cases in the normal-weight class (P<0.001)."

It might well be that PE causes depression, anxiety, troubles with food, etc. which lead to a lower BMI.

Anyway. Back on to trying to lose these extra pounds...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    well crap. I've been doing it wrong all this time! brb guys, going to regain the 200+ I've lost so far.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Noooo... say it isn't so!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I figured it was bad statistics. First, most people get heavier as they get older. Applying that reasoning, the skinny ones who last less than 2 minutes are most likely a bunch of inexperienced 18 year olds who ejaculate when the wind blows. The heavier ones are likely to predominantly be older.