Combine SL and other programs?

Options
Josalinn
Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
Hi, so I joined this group a while ago, with the intention of starting SL, but my BF got me into rock climbing, so I started a program specifically to help me get better at that. But I kept thinking, "I really want to do SL." So I combined the workouts, starting with SL and moving into the rock climbing program.

My theory was to do the SL as hard as I could, and then drop weight for the rest of the exercises (not by much, maybe 5 to 10 pounds depending on the move) since those are 3 sets of 10 reps, which to me says the focus is endurance.

Now I have only completed week 1 of SL/RC Combo, and the SL portion seems...silly easy? Now I've been getting DOMS the next day so I at least know I worked my muscles.

But my question is, do you do other lifts after your SL lifts? Is this a terrible Idea? Here is a sample of what I do:

5x5 Squat
5x5Bench Press
5x5 Upright Row

3x10 Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown
3x10 Cross-Body Crunch

3x10 Seated V-Bar Cable Row
3x10 Flat Bench Reverse Ab Crunch

3x10 Full Hanging Leg Raise
3x10 Inverted Row

3x10 Back Extension
3x10 Preacher Curl

I do the RC exercises as little super sets. I do dynamic stretches before I lift and static after. I also do about 20 mins of cardio. The entire work out takes about 2 hours.

Also, How long until the SL doesn't feel silly easy?