Chat and Accontability Saturday 27 Sep - Friday 3 October

Options
Hmrjmr1
Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
Happy Saturday Folks! Hope all is well with all of you.

Replies

• kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Morning! I sure wish winter would hurry...
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Sunday Folks, Total weight lifted for my Dead Lifts session was 7580 Lbs. Rep scheme is 135 X 10 X 2, 185 X 7, 225 X 3, 245 X 3, 265 X 1, 275 X 1, 185 X 10 or failure which ever come first got 10 in today. Move weights up next week.

Kevin - with my Arthritis not in any hurry for winter.

Have a great day Folks, and congrats to Arturo on his loss. Hoooah!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Monday Folks.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to everyone!

Had a good weekend. We had an event for the rescue group I work with and had 9 kittens and a mother cat up for adoption. Not only did they all get adopted, but it happened in record time... about 30 to 40 minutes! We were shocked, amazed, and thrilled! Kitten season is nearing the end, but we still have 10 to 15 kittens we need get vaccinated, fixed, and tamed. Hoping to get that done in the next month so we can get them all adopted as well.

Other that, typical weekend for me. Stuck close to home due to the weather but did get a 6 mile run in yesterday.

Hope everyone is doing well and the week is starting out on a happy note! :smile:
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hey Kevin, John and Stacy!

How are you guys doing this week? Is it hot where you are Kevin? It isn't too hot here in Houston right now. I should be grateful. But I'm doing a Tough Mudder this weekend and all I can think about is how miserable it is if it is cool. Arctic Enema is not your friend.
    Stacy, how fantastic to hear all those kittens were adopted in record time! We got our first kitten this past Christmas and it was a rescue. We were sure to get a black cat because we were told that many don't want them because they're superstitious. REALLY?? Poor babies. I'm not even a cat person but I like snowball. That's our black cat. I'm jealous of your 6 mile run and all of John's weight lifting.
    I may not survive this Tough Mudder. it is going to just be a long walk of me. With a lot of little walks AROUND the obstacles.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Folks! Dr Appt went well yesterday, though test results won't be in for a couple days. Felt like a pin cushion giving up 12 tubes of blood, and a urine sample. I like my new Doc had a very good discussion about what may be going on and possible solutions. If my A1C is elevated will probably go on low dose Metformin for a while and see how that does with my glucose / insulin regulation. Got to check back later this week to get results etc, She was very interested in my exercise program and concerned I may be overdoing it (one of the reason I like her). So we had a detailed discussion of what I do and my injury prevention methodology, I used my Fitbit weekly reports to illustrate this, another great tool.

Stacy - Great Job on the cat adoptions. I am not a cat person type but I do like that they all went to a good home.

Carol - Looking hard at next years schedule I will be doing a Warrior Dash in April, are you looking a a Tough Mudder in early summer somewhere around Juneish>

All Righty then keep on Jammin'!
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, I have not been on the last few days and when I'm not on, odds are I am not doing good with my eating. lol I will be lucky if I maintain this week. To much weekend fun. I have decided not to continue with the low carb, I am just going to stick to what works for me and what I know. I found myself obsessing more about food than before. I was tracking calories, how are my carbs, where is my protein ect. I have a food problem and I don't want to add to it with all the extras. So I'm just going to count calories and let the carbs and protein and fat fall where they may, which is usually in acceptable ranges because of the low calories.

Stacy, that is great what you are doing with the cats. We always adopt our dogs and cats from rescues. You said you stayed close to home because of weather, are you guys getting snow now?

John, I hope your results come back good and you can get the help you need. 12 tubes of blood are you sure your new doc it not a vampire?

Carol, it's good to see you on hear. Have fun at Tough Mudder and I hope it's cold in Houston. lol If your doing something called Tough Mudder then it need to be tough. lol
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Good morning all, I have not been on the last few days and when I'm not on, odds are I am not doing good with my eating. lol I will be lucky if I maintain this week. To much weekend fun. I have decided not to continue with the low carb, I am just going to stick to what works for me and what I know. I found myself obsessing more about food than before. I was tracking calories, how are my carbs, where is my protein ect. I have a food problem and I don't want to add to it with all the extras. So I'm just going to count calories and let the carbs and protein and fat fall where they may, which is usually in acceptable ranges because of the low calories.

Howie - Good Call.
  • montana_girl
    Options
    Howie - Yep, stick with what works... worry about making changes and tweaking things if you completely stall on the weight loss. You are doing an awesome and inspiration as always!

Carol - So happy to see you post! :smile: I'm sure you will do awesome at the Tough Mudder. And no doubt you will do more of the obstacles than you think you will.

I'm on Day 17 of the 21 Day Sugar Detox and still going strong... well, sort of... today I would kill for a cookie or a piece of chocolate. :tongue: But I'll survive. Went this long without sugar, I can go another day...
  • montana_girl
    Options
    Stacy, that is great what you are doing with the cats. We always adopt our dogs and cats from rescues. You said you stayed close to home because of weather, are you guys getting snow now?

No snow, but was rainy and icky. Definitely feels like fall. Though we are supposed to have nice weather over the weekend.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy October Folks. Hope all is well with all of you.
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yep October is my favorite month.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Thursday Folks! My back is a bit off still so looks like No overhead presses for me this week. will see how I feel tomorrow but Saturday is a rest prep day for dead lift Sundays, so if not up to it today, will have to let it go for the week. Injury prevention is still my primary fundamental. So got to walk the talk.

Have a great day folks.
  • montana_girl
    Options
    Personally, I'm not too keen on October. That's when it starts getting cold and we transition from fall weather to winter weather.

Howie - why is it your favorite month?

Weighed in at Weight Watchers this morning and was down another .4! Okay, not a lot, but enough to be excited about. Anytime I see a loss is a reason to celebrate. :drinker:
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Funtastic Friday here again already! Woo Hoot!

Stacy - Hoooah! on the numbers. That is a very fine loss indeed at this point in your journey. U B Jammin'!

Have a great RED TOP day Folks!