Ready to tone up!

Options
Hello Skinny Fat to Fit friends,

My name is Candis I'm 53 and I just hit my weight loss goal on MFP so now I start my maintenance journey and I would love to get some advice on the best way to tone up. I have a desk job so I find it difficult to get much exercise during the day and by the time I get home I don't have much energy left so I usually get on the treadmill and do some walking or some light weights but I know I'm not doing it often enough or long enough. I don't have a lot of money to invest in a gym membership nor do I have the time because I also watch my 5 yr old granddaughter on the weekends. I have recently entered some 5K races and hope to have enough energy and stamina to be able to run them. I would really appreciate any advise or workout plans that you have to offer.

Replies

• micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Try this:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

You can do this at home and do as many circuits as you have time and energy for.
  • IronLizerd
    IronLizerd Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!
    I recently met my goal weight too and I'm having a little trouble..
    I've never been under my weight goal before and now i'm focusing on toning and building muscle.
    Problem is, I don't know what I should change around to optimize my new game plan...
    I've heard it's still good to calorie count and I've heard you can stop once you start seriously strength training as long as you eat certain things and maintain a good diet. I'm trying to wrap my brain around this new goal and I can't seem to adjust. It's always been about the number on the scale and now I'm not weighing as often because I expect to gain muscle...
    I feel like i don't know what i'm doing..
  • micheleld73
    Options
    Hey guys!
    I recently met my goal weight too and I'm having a little trouble..
    I've never been under my weight goal before and now i'm focusing on toning and building muscle.
    Problem is, I don't know what I should change around to optimize my new game plan...
    I've heard it's still good to calorie count and I've heard you can stop once you start seriously strength training as long as you eat certain things and maintain a good diet. I'm trying to wrap my brain around this new goal and I can't seem to adjust. It's always been about the number on the scale and now I'm not weighing as often because I expect to gain muscle...
    I feel like i don't know what i'm doing..

It's still smart to continue to log what you eat and your exercises no matter your routine, you're just no longer eating at a deficit. If you hope to gain muscle, you cannot be at a deficit, so eat good and lift heavy!:drinker:
  • micheleld73
    Options
    Try this:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

You can do this at home and do as many circuits as you have time and energy for.

I found this link for at work exercises if you'd like to try that as well:
    http://greatist.com/fitness/deskercise-33-ways-exercise-work