October 2014 -- Say NO To Late Night Snacking

Options
lamlamsmakeover
lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
Happy October everyone! Let's make this a winning month!!

"Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

We're usually fixing a cut-off time, past which only non-caloric things are allowed (unsweetened tea or water). Yet, we're not that strict: you may allow yourself a handful of almonds, if you're able to stop at that. Figure out what fits you and start counting... .

We go by the formula:
Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

Welcome!

Replies

• lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Oct 1

ME: 1
    LNS: 0
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    October 1:

ME: *1

Here's to a great start! :drinker:

Peace,
    Jeff :wink:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    Thanks IamIam for getting this month going.:flowerforyou: Good luck to you and Jeff.

Happily, I remembered the challenge in time last night and beat out LNS.:happy: My cut-off time is 9:30 p.m. except for special occasions/evenings out when it can go as late as 11:30 p.m.

Me: 1

Zaza
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Oct 2

ME: 2*
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Welcome back, Jeff and Zaza!!!:smile:
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    OCT 2:

ME: *2

Great start everyone. Let's kick butt this month! Welcome ZAZA - nice of you to join Me and LamLam!!! We're all going to do great things this month! GO TEAM!!!

Peace,
    Jeff :tongue:
  • zaza54
    Options
    Hi-
    It IS a great start.
    Me: 2
    Zaza
  • zaza54
    Options
    Not such a great start after all. I forgot I was after my cut-off time and had a little lemonade. :ohwell: I'll just try to remember going forward. Bad habits die hard I guess.

LNS: 1

Zaza
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Not such a great start after all. I forgot I was after my cut-off time and had a little lemonade. :ohwell: I'll just try to remember going forward. Bad habits die hard I guess.

Zaza

You're doing fine. Habits don't stop in 1 day. You'll get there :smile:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Oct 3

ME: 3*
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    OCT 3rd:

ME: 2
    LNS: 1*

Even though I "binged" I was still able to stay under my calorie goals; having the exercise calories added in definitely helps. If it's one thing I have learned (or that I am forcing myself to do) is that I weigh or measure everything that goes into my mouth. Just having that awareness will sometimes curb my binging before it gets totally out of control. So I'll measure out the 0.5 oz. of dark chocolate 4 times, each time a reminder that I have to log it no matter what. Even if it's followed by three vanilla crème cookies and some chex mix, the fact that I have to log it eventually makes me guilty enough to stop. When all is said and done, it usually doesn't add up to more than a normal meal would have, it's just not as healthy or satisfying.

ZaZa, don't be so hard on yourself. It's a whole process of learning new habits and unlearning old ones. You're going to do great this month. Just the fact that you signed up for this group means you're serious about developing a new relationship with food. There will be setbacks but there will be so many more victories to be proud of.

LamLam, thanks for all your continued support and inspiration, Seeing how many calories you burn and how many minutes you exercise encourages me to do the same.

Together, we can do this. Let's kick LNS to the curb!

Peace,
  • ohiotubagal
    ohiotubagal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ugh. First time posting to this group, but since honesty is the best policy...

Me: 0
    LNS: 3

I'm not sure where to begin with this. Cut off times don't seem to work, and being full doesn't seem to matter either. I've been stuck around the same weight for over a month and I know it's due to LNS.

Today is a new day though...
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Welcome OhioTubaGirl!

Thanks for joining us this month and for being honest. It's hard sometimes to show that you're not doing as well as others in the group but just remember we are not in competition with each other (unless that motivates you, of course). Whatever help and support you might need, don't be afraid to ask.

I must say I am impressed by your ticker showing "46 pounds lost". You obviously were successful in the past at losing weight - what has been different this month than previous times? Maybe you can share some of your secrets to your success and remind yourself what worked in the past.

I'm having a rough time this month and when I get stressed it's easy to eat especially right before I go to bed. It seems like I need a full belly of comfort food to help me sleep. But I am learning to take it easier on the late night eating/snacking. It seems so darn hard though to unlearn bad habits and learn new ones.

Good Luck to all of us this month!

Peace,
    Jeff :drinker:
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    OCT 4:

ME: 3*
    LNS 1

We will succeed this month!

Peace,
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Oct 5

ME: 5*
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Ugh. First time posting to this group, but since honesty is the best policy...

Me: 0

I'm not sure where to begin with this. Cut off times don't seem to work, and being full doesn't seem to matter either. I've been stuck around the same weight for over a month and I know it's due to LNS.

Today is a new day though...

Welcome OhioTubaGirl!!!!! :smile: :smile:
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    October 5th:

ME: *4

Woo-Hoo! Great Start LamLam!
    Some days it feels like I have so much control...today was one of them! :bigsmile:

Peace,
    Jeff
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    October 5th:

ME: *4

Woo-Hoo! Great Start LamLam!
    Some days it feels like I have so much control...today was one of them! :bigsmile:

Peace,
    Jeff

Nice!! One day at a time!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Oct 6

ME: 6*

I have clothes that are tight on me, so I am determined to do no LNS!
  • zaza54
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I really got off track. :(
    I'm not even sure how many nights I blew it, but this is my best guess:
    Me: 4
    I have to stick with this challenge because the scale doesn't lie and I do better when I avoid the dreaded LNS.
    You are both doing well so I just need to get a little competitive. :)
    Good luck!!
    Zaza