Not syncing

Options
2»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    No problems during all the time of these posts. I sync with the computer, I don't use either MFP or Fitbit app at all or limited to MPF for viewing a food item only. Takes about 3 seconds after entering a manual activity on Fitbit, I go to tab with MFP, update the Food diary, and the figures have changed to reflect the adjustment came across.
    Food entered on MFP also takes about 3 seconds when I update the Fitbit Dashboard the calories eaten changes.

Both apps actually have to sync with an app server, that app server then back to the account server where the info is.
    It's the app servers that sync with each other.

So several of you commented nicely about what did sync (Fitbit app to web account, or MFP app food to MFP account) and what did not (MFP food over to Fitbit food diary, ect).

So the apps force another step to take place, and you may have noticed even that is delayed for the app and the account, let alone between account servers.
  • clt1312
    Options
    My fitbit is not syncing with myfitnesspal either - it's so annoying! Is there a fix coming for this? I've tried disconnecting it from MFP and then reconnecting but that has not solved the problem
  • Mex_Illini_14
    Mex_Illini_14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This makes me glad I'm not the only one who's been having issues with this!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    clt1312 wrote: »
    My fitbit is not syncing with myfitnesspal either - it's so annoying! Is there a fix coming for this? I've tried disconnecting it from MFP and then reconnecting but that has not solved the problem

The recommend way of doing that is first in MFP disconnect Fitbit.
    Then in Fitbit disallow MFP access.
    Then start over like initial sync from MFP side.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    clt1312 wrote: »

The recommend way of doing that is first in MFP disconnect Fitbit.
    Then in Fitbit disallow MFP access.
    Then start over like initial sync from MFP side.

This advice finally worked for me! Just disconnecting through MFP didn't do the trick. Thanks so much.