Low Grade Fever and Looming Half!!

Options
OnionMomma
OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
So, I work around primary aged kids. We have had a few out the last few days (not for vomiting for fevers) and one was sent home today. We all know how little children like to share germs.

Anyways, I have a 5K on Saturday and my very first half on Sunday. Tonight, I don't feel bad, I just felt warm, so, I took my temp and low and behold..... 99.3.

I have some antibiotics on hand and have already taken one.

On top of that I am going to push the fluids and take some nyquil and hit the sack.

Tell me I will be crossing my fist half marathon finish line on Sunday!!!!!!!

This is a nightmare. :cry:

Replies

• jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You will absolutely be crossing the finish line of your first half marathon on Sunday. Did you take your temp again? Has it risen any higher? I say follow through with your taper or whatever you have planned. If you wake up tomorrow feeling like crap maybe take the day off work? Even if you aren't 100% on Sunday the endorphins will kick in and you will not even notice you are sick. How do I know this? It happened to me two weekends ago a few days before my first marathon. Stressing out about it is only going to make it worse. Can you skip the 5K on Saturday if you are feeling under the weather? Even if you have to run when you are sick it's not going to kill you. Is it going to suck? Probably, but it will make a good story. The more you suffer the better the story is! Go to bed now and good luck on Sunday! Make sure to let us know how it goes!