Gastric Sleeve Surgery 10/8/2014

Options
My surgery is right around the corner, and I'm nervous and HUNGRY! I've been on a liquid diet for two weeks and have been successfully feeling full but I miss chewing! I realize it's mental and emotional not physical. I'm interested in some food ideas for my post surgery 8 weeks. Since I have to be on liquids for 8 weeks. Are cream soups allowed if they don't have any chunks? I read that I could have retried beans and melted cheese. Any other ideas? Any great blender recipes?

Thanks for your help.

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    You should have a dietary packet from your surgeon or your nutritionist by now. I only had cream soups that had real cream, I made them myself Not the Campbell's fake stuff full of potato starch which can make you really nauseous. I whizzed up healthy choice soups and passed them thru a seive, using extra chick or beef broth as needed. I also had sugar free jello, sugar fee fudgesicles, miso soup, coconut curry soup. There are all sorts of good organic soups in those boxes. Ate tons of lentil and pea soup. Just whiz the lentil first. For dessert dannon light and fit vanilla greek yogurt thinned with a little milk. I also drank tons of sugar free lattes made with decaf coffee and Kroger carbmaster vanilla skim milk (11 G protein a cup)