Ive hit a Plateau!

Options
Hey guys! So I am almost 3 weeks post op and have his a Plateau! It is really frustrating because I have been here for about 7 days! I work out almost everyday and eat very lil! I dno whats going on! How long is this going to last!?

Replies

• klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Is there anything you can change up? Like if you normally walk --- try riding a bike? It might kick start things again. Also, are you logging in everything you are eating? I am still on the liquid phase so it is relatively easy for me to log my intake. Good luck!!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure and log everything. You have to burn 2800 cals to lose a lb. my base burn is 1350. If i eat 900 cals a day it takes 1 week to lose 1 lb. you should still be at 600 cals a day. Stick with it. Weight loss is never linear. Your body fights hard to keep every lb. NEVER grab a bite or two of food between meals that you don't log- that will quickly add up to 100's of extra calories. If you don't lose in 5-7days you are likely not getting your cals right.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,705 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are such the norm! Drinking a lot of water helps. Sometime fiber helps. :wink: Sometimes exercise puts on muscle which offset the fat loss. :bigsmile:

I often found that I'd plateau for a week and then drop 2-3 over the weekend. Poof! But as long as you eat below maintenance, you will lose. Knowing that didn't make it any less frustrating, though.

Best wishes to you! Let us know what happened when it changes, okay? Bet it will be any day now!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure and log everything. You have to burn 2800 cals to lose a lb. my base burn is 1350. If i eat 900 cals a day it takes 1 week to lose 1 lb. you should still be at 600 cals a day. Stick with it. Weight loss is never linear. Your body fights hard to keep every lb. NEVER grab a bite or two of food between meals that you don't log- that will quickly add up to 100's of extra calories. If you don't lose in 5-7days you are likely not getting your cals right.
    Crap, so sorry that should say 3500 cals per lb of fat. Which would take 8 days for me to lose 1 lb
  • JillC878
    JillC878 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Stay the course. Follow your MDs orders. Get your protein in and don’t forget your H2O. The numbers on the scale will move.

Besides, BTW, you are gorgeous!
  • ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I also had a stall at about 3 weeks, when I was on the full liquid phase. I knew it was going to happen so I just stuck with my plan, made sure I got in my protein and water, and logged everything. I figured that I would eventually have to lose, eating less than 800 calories a day. And I did. After the stall broke, quite a few pounds came off at once. Just stick with it and trust the process.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Stalls happen and usually end with no ryme or reason. At just 3 weeks out it's just your body readjusting to the dimminished calories. Keep doing what you're doing food and exercise wise and the scale will move again. Also remember that as you lose fat and gain muscle the scale may not move, but you are losing inches/sizes. Pound for pound, muscle is physically smaller than fat. Think a pound of bricks (muscle) and a pound of feathers (fat). My doctor said that as long as something is going down (scale or sizes or inches) you are going in the right direction. :)
  • wilrhy
    wilrhy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I had a stall too--I am no at week 6 post-op. The dr told me I was not eating enough calories and protein and it pits a person into starvation mode. I am now eating 800 calories a day and 70 protein. Logging everything in myfitnesspal. I am starting to see the scale move again. Make sure you are getting at least 64 oz of fluid also. Good luck on your weight loss journey,,,Donna
  • klcovington
    Options
    So...I have made it to week 5 but have been stalled for a week now. I am going to try to kick it up a bit by trying to increase my calories (was at 600 going to try for 700) and start some light strength training and cardio intervals. Going back to what worked at first --- using protein drinks to help get in the amount of protein needed.
  • wilrhy
    Options
    Same here until this morning that scale finally moved! So hang in there. I am doing 70 protein and 800 calories at 6 1/2 weeks PO. The dr said I will need to move the calories up in a few weeks to 1000.
  • klcovington
    Options
    wilrhy wrote: »
    Same here until this morning that scale finally moved! So hang in there. I am doing 70 protein and 800 calories at 6 1/2 weeks PO. The dr said I will need to move the calories up in a few weeks to 1000.

Congrats on getting past the stall!! :)
  • wilrhy
    Options
    TY!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Stalls are normal, they happen form time to time. Stay with the plan: Weigh and record everything. WATER, PROTEIN, EXERCISE - Really simple. Push up the protein above 100 if you can (I liked Isopure clear liquids - 40g protein in 20oz fluid, kills two birds with one stone).
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Stalls are normal, they happen form time to time. Stay with the plan: Weigh and record everything. WATER, PROTEIN, EXERCISE - Really simple. Push up the protein above 100 if you can (I liked Isopure clear liquids - 40g protein in 20oz fluid, kills two birds with one stone).
    Is the "Isopure" clear in color and without taste?
    So it works out to be about 16 grams per 8oz and 8 grams for the 4 remaining oz.
    My Dr doesn't want us having more than 25 protein at 1 time from a powder or shake :cry:

• DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Tastes like a Jolly Rancher - colored as well. Early on you take your time drinking it so you are not overloading protein in a short time. I tended to sip through a bottle in the morning over 4 hours and do teh same in the afternoon. Allows body to process protein.