Big doin's today!

Options
Thaeda
Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
Lots of big stuff happening... yesterday I broke the 100 pounds lost mark..... today? For the first time in 22 years.. my weight starts with a ONE!! That is right! I made it to ONEDERLAND!!!

Also, today I took part in a yoga demonstration with other folks from my studio. It felt GREAT to not be the "token fat person" on the group--- I am not "normal" sized yet, but not big enough to stand out. It felt really good to just be a part of the group. :bigsmile:

Replies

• asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Its great to see the numbers on the scale go down. However the feelings of "normalcy" or that we "fit" in can't be beat. Congrats! Bask in your glory!! :flowerforyou:
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Awesome on both counts!
  • itsdreday
    itsdreday Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great job! I hit that milestone a couple weeks ago and almost cried (actually I screamed so loud in celebration my dog ran to the other side of the house. Had been 23 years, first time since elementary school.
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • pcoppock
    pcoppock Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, congratulations!!!
  • juliebccs
    juliebccs Posts: 233
    Options
    These are the best rewards. Hitting the big targets and you got two in one. Well done!!!!
    I have just learned however that small goals after the big ones might be better for me. I really need to lose another 40-50 pounds to reach my final healthy weight goal but at this slower losing rate it seems so far away. So today I decided I will do 10 pound increments instead and reward myself when I hit those every time.
    Awesome work!!!!!!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Lots of big stuff happening... yesterday I broke the 100 pounds lost mark..... today? For the first time in 22 years.. my weight starts with a ONE!! That is right! I made it to ONEDERLAND!!!

Also, today I took part in a yoga demonstration with other folks from my studio. It felt GREAT to not be the "token fat person" on the group--- I am not "normal" sized yet, but not big enough to stand out. It felt really good to just be a part of the group. :bigsmile:
    It is so nice not to be the biggest person in the room anymore at the ymca group classes...and I can usually keep up now.