Anyone find a way to have a variety and still eat healthy?

I am also a picky eater with taste and texture issues. I don't eat condiments for the most part. Can only eat certain veggies certain ways. Salads are always a nightmare. I hate mixed greens. I would love to be able to plan a menu and actually enjoy eating a healthy meal. So far not many that way. I also hate the texture of most fruits but could do them in a smoothy except most of those have way to much sugar. Don't do seafood except Salmon. The list could go on. I get discouraged by all of this and give up. I want to try things but..... What has worked for other picky eaters? Do you ever become desensitized to some of it?

Replies

• FITn2bemarried
    FITn2bemarried Posts: 2 Member
    I cannot eat fruits or veggies pretty much of any kind. It is not just the texture, it's the THOUGHT of actually putting them in my mouth!! I will have a panic attack thinking about a veggie or fruit touching my plate! However, I just got diagnosed with dangerously high cholesterol and I am only 35. So Cutting back on fried foods and sodas and intake more fruit and veggies they said. I decided to try a smoothie. I knew I liked the flavor of strawberries, bananas, blueberries, and raspberries, so I tried a basic all fruit with almond milk smoothie at home. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I decided to go one step further and add a cup of spinach. Believe me...I had a panic attack and had to have 4 adults around me to talk me into taking the sip of death...but I DID IT! I love it and I CANNOT taste the spinach and there is NO texture!!