What do you do on non-lifting days?

Options
Hi everyone,

Can you please tell me what exercises you do on non-lifting days?
I do carb cycling and hence eat a meager 1,000-1,100 calories on non-lifting days.
So would appreciate a non-rigorous workout suggestion.
Also, I have a strange pain in my right leg, especially when I try to stretch my leg out (or open my leg wide). Any suggestions on what could this be?

Thanks a lot:flowerforyou:

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Well if you are eating that low calories you should probably rest on rest days.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    With that low calorie input? Go for a walk and do some mobility work (light yoga, stretching). Give your body a chance to rest and recover before your next lifting session :)
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Also agree on resting or doing something light. Just be sure to get enough calories on your work days to make up for the low consumption otherwise.

Where is the pain in your leg? Is it in the groin, outer hip, hip flexor, calf, knee, quad, hamstring, etc.? Does it hurt when you move your outward or when you stretch it straight forward and bend over? Does it hurt when you lift? Could be something simple likeat you need to stretch more or could be that you pulled something or have a joint issue. Need more information to offer advice.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    You should do a good stretching program for your leg.....Yoga maybe?
    I do yoga twice a week, in addition to running and lifting.
  • KayBallin
    KayBallin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Those calories are really low. I wouldn't do anything strenuous. Try dynamic stretching or yoga.

My rest day calories are 1,560 so I usually go for a 2-3 mile run or muay thai.
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Nothing! That's one of the best parts of this program for me is I only have to do it 3x a week.

I am taking a week of from lifting, but I am doing cardio this week instead so I don't get out of my routine
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    Nothing! That's one of the best parts of this program for me is I only have to do it 3x a week.

This!

If I do anything, it's something I consider fun -- rock climbing, taking my dog for a long walk, riding my bike into town. No "have to," "shoulds," or anything gym-oriented.

C.
  • anupriyasin157
    anupriyasin157 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I have decided to take rest on these days, given low calories. And the leg pain is now better