First 5K DONE

Options
nielsonfam
nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
I'm so happy to have completed my first 5K this weekend. My goal was pretty much to just finish without passing out and to hopefully come in under 40 minutes. Well, I finished without a problem at all and ended up with 35.06 so I was pretty jazzed about that! THANK YOU to all of you runners on this page who posted tips for us newbies! You were right on everything from not being in the front of the pack (thank you for that info) and to watch your pace at the beginning (yes, I started off too fast) and to focus on finishing and not your race time. I actually felt like a runner and that felt awesome!! Woo hoo!

Replies

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not seeing this sooner. Congratulations. That is awesome. Also so happy we all could have given you great tips.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Just saw this too. Great job! You killed your time goal, that is awesome. How you'll have the race fever. :star:
  • into_fitness
    into_fitness Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    great job! I completed my first 5k this weekend, as well! and beat the time that I thought I was going to run it in! Was hoping for around 35-36 and ran it in 31:55!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    great job! I completed my first 5k this weekend, as well! and beat the time that I thought I was going to run it in! Was hoping for around 35-36 and ran it in 31:55!

That's awesome, congratulations.
  • larrewl
    larrewl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Congrats!