MEDTRONIC RECALLS MINIMED PARADIGM...

Options
carolinatx
carolinatx Posts: 58 Member
AND 530G SYSTEMS DUE TO HYPOGLYCEMIA CONCERNS RESULTING FROM DEVICE DESIGN ERROR

fyi from this article....

http://diatribe.org/issues/69/new-now-next/13

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like this feature. It makes it much easier if I need a larger bolus and am doing it as a manual bolus because I don't have to scroll through as far going upward. To me, there is nothing broken about this. But it sounds like there was a user who didn't understand and took too much insulin so they are going to get rid of this going forward. What started out as a useful feature is now being eliminated in order to "idiot proof" the newer pumps. :grumble:
  • okulyd
    okulyd Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I did this once years ago. Took 10 units instead of one. Not a fun night. I recall how many tablets I ate but it was one after another for hours. Thankfully my husband was home to make sure I kept eating them all night long. Since then my max bolus is now set for only 5 units. I will not be making that mistake ever again.

Also I agree with Midwesterner that they shouldn't take away a useful feature just because a user made a mistake. Overall I love the quick bolus feature and I'm upset that when I get my new pump it won't have it anymore.