Pumpkin Pie- 100 cal a slice

Options
It's that time of year again- and I missed a fall favorite. So- I made a version last night with fresh pumpkin, swapped out the condensed milk for almond milk, used 1 cup of brown sugar for the batter- that's between two pies with a good amount of batter left over - and with shell included- it works out to about 100 cal a slice. It wasn't sweet- but in a way, we all liked that better- and you can always top off with some low cal whipped topping. Definitly something we will make again- after another trip to the pumpkin farm.

If you want to try it- just use any recipe- drop the condensed milk for almond, keep the sugar to a cup of brown and the flavor up with fresh pumkin and your favorite fall spices, mace, cinamon, nutmeg, allspice and ginger.

Replies

• sarahViolet1977
    sarahViolet1977 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I think I love you right now....
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I love pumpkin ANYTHING. I have been making pumpkin "shakes" with protein powder - almond milk, vanilla protein powder, 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin, a little pumpkin pie spice, a little sugar free Torani pumpkin pie flavored syrup - omg, SO good. I added some pumpkin to my greek yogurt too with a little stevia and it was yummy.
  • homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Lol! You guys are awesome- I LOVE that pumpkin shake- that's happening this weekend. There's also a Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt- 80 cal, good protien- that's an apple spice- I've been living off of those lately.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I make pumpkin pie with splenda and skim evaporated milk. Yummy! I think I will try a shake today.
  • sarahViolet1977
    sarahViolet1977 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love pumpkin ANYTHING. I have been making pumpkin "shakes" with protein powder - almond milk, vanilla protein powder, 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin, a little pumpkin pie spice, a little sugar free Torani pumpkin pie flavored syrup - omg, SO good. I added some pumpkin to my greek yogurt too with a little stevia and it was yummy.

Definitely trying this! Sounds so yummy
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

Im gonna be needing this after my sleeve on the 16th!
    Thank You!!
  • Living4me123
    Living4me123 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish!
  • mlomago19
    mlomago19 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've started making the weight watchers crustless pumpkin pie again. It's so good. Especially if you add more pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon to it. Plus it's smooth enough to use on the puree and soft stage too! With the splenda the carbs are super low and you get a little protein bump with the egg beaters and evap. milk.

15 oz canned pumpkin
    12 oz fat free evaporated milk
    3/4 cup(s) Egg Beaters Egg substitute
    1/2 tsp table salt
    3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2/3 cup(s) SPLENDA® SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener
    Instructions

Mix all ingredients together and pour into a 9" pie pan sprayed with Pam. Place in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F for an additional 30-45 minutes. Chill. Serve topped with FF Cool Whip if desired.