FOOD

I need some food ideas; breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners - EVERYTHING! I have no problem with fruit and I know I need to get into the veggies more. A whole bunch more! I want to try and avoid a bunch of processed foods to snack on. I think I always resort to "diet" labeled snack foods rather than natural healthy stuff.

I know avoiding a diet of mostly processed foods means I need to prep more and shop more and eat out less which I think is the idea right? haha

We should post products, recipes, food related stuff here!

Replies

• Sulli717
    Sulli717 Posts: 2 Member
    I love making a crock pot of vegan black bean chili. I throw in an extra jalapeno and it's tasty. If I can get it to last (Albert likes it a lot too) it can easily last a few days for work lunches or dinner.

Albert BBQs quite a bit, but when he BBQs I don't eat anything but the meat we cook. I'm with you, I have to get much better about veggies. I'll have to find way to incorporate them into the crock pot. Man, I love my crock pot.

I'm terrible about desk snacks. I try to keep just some cashews, but then I end up eating way too many of those. And we have food trucks that come every day now at work, and yeah. It's been bad for my waistline and wallet. I'd love more ideas for packing lunches besides string cheese and frozen burritos.
  • missy_krissy
    missy_krissy Posts: 7 Member
    I made a great salad for dinner last night! It was really filling too! Plus it cleaned out my fridge from the weeks left over ingredience. My suggestion for a quick, healthy, COLD (because it is so damn hot) dinner or lunch:
    - Whatever greenage you have around
    - Roasted Chicken Breast (I popped it in the oven with a head of garlic cloves and salt and pepper at 400 for 20 mins, flipping at10 mins.)
    - Whatever cheese you've got left over ( I had some fresh mozzarella)
    - Seeds or nuts for some crunch
    - Half or a whole piece of Fruit (I used pears, but apples, clementines would have been good too!)
    - Last but not least, my new favorite dressing - Trader Joe's Tuscan Balsamic Dressing - mmmmmmmmm

It is tough to get back into the swing of measuring everything out, but it must be done! All in all, depending on what you toss in it will be around 400 cals for a nice serving. You could even add some bread!