• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, Houston....its freezing out there!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, Houston....its freezing out there!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad:

This weather is nuts! We were hust buying our tree this past weekend in shorts and flip-flops, and now we're under freeze warnings!
  • Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Much Happier in Houston then in Amarillo! Wow is it cold, wet and snowy there!
  • i_belong_to_neil
    Options
    Hi. I'm about 75-80 miles south of Houston.
  • threeforagirl
    Options
    Hello! New member and Houstonian here :)
  • macpatti
    Options
    How about this crazy Houston weather today!? We had to shelter in place because of the hail and lightning.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Our campus is flooding and we were told to stay put! I know UH had tornado warnings/sirens, too!
  • macpatti
    Options
    Our students weren't allowed to change classes. It's been a crazy school day here.
  • atomiclauren
    Options
    It's going to be a long drive home, I think! Didn't hear anything too bad about the SE side but it's not pretty anywhere in between!
  • tiffpip99
    tiffpip99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on the west side of Houston and new on here. 2012 is full of new beginnings!
  • macpatti
    Options
    I'm on the west side of Houston and new on here. 2012 is full of new beginnings!
    Welcome!
  • SixPackIsMyGoal
    SixPackIsMyGoal Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi, just joined the site. I am currently living in Dublin but I am from Cypress and will return to Cypress later this year. Hi all.
  • gaberieger
    Options
    288S. Southside! New to the tool, but enjoying it thus far.
  • atomiclauren
    Options
    Welcome to all the new folks!
    Welcome! I'm right off Fuqua behind the Fuddruckers!

I just saw this! I run on Fuqua sometimes (on the other side of 45) - I'm the one with the mace and stick in my hand...lol :sick:
  • macpatti
    Options
    Welcome! I'm right off Fuqua behind the Fuddruckers!
    I just saw this! I run on Fuqua sometimes (on the other side of 45) - I'm the one with the mace and stick in my hand...lol :sick:
    You're so close to me! There's a park a little distance past Fuddruckers that is our neighborhood park. You can catch me walking the small loop around the water there!
  • atomiclauren
    Options
    Oh yeah! I'm kind of close to the bowling alley on Fuqua. Beverly Hills park and Blackhawk Park are pretty close, too.

Has the weather hit anyone? We're about to get it any minute now at work!

weather012512.jpg
  • macpatti
    Options
    We are getting it bad right now. I work on Bellaire at Gessner. School admins are meeting now to determine what to do.
  • atomiclauren
    Options
    Yikes! I'm in the Medical Center area and we just got an email warning us about flooding (basically, it's going to flood, don't attempt to leave, we work on an island). :ohwell:
  • macpatti
    Options
    Wouldn't it be nice if they planned ahead and emailed us saying "it's going to flood today; stay home" instead of "it's going to flood, so stay here at work"?
  • atomiclauren
    Options
    I wish! I seriously thought about planning my day that way for myself...!