Austin

Options
CeloTX
CeloTX Posts: 55 Member
Board for MFPers in the Austin area. Find a running/workout buddy or just someone local to talk to.

Replies

• jeninabilan
    jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    hey guys!! I'm in the Austin area as well. would love to meet some new fitness pals in the area!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'd like to meet some of the other Austinites as well. I love meet ups!!!
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i work at austin. i would like to meet up also. maybe happy hour ?? :)
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I am in Austin as well, been seriously thinking about a get together for all central TX members, a meet and greet if you will
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    let's do it!
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I are doing this together and we're in the Austin area. A meet up sounds like fun! We're in!
  • metroins
    metroins Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I live and work in around 183, 290 & I-35. I'm possibly looking for a workout partner, but I'd really enjoy a trail jogging or biking partner for the weekends.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm not in Austin, but I'm pretty close....a "meet and greet" sounds like an awesome idea!!
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    someone should say when and where....
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Okaaaaaaay let's do it!!!! I'm free most weeknights and some weekends! :bigsmile:
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I am also in Austin! New to MFP. Its awesome I love it, keeps me on track! Now just trying to figure out what healthy foods to incorporate into my daily meal plans. Also trying to find more tummy exercises because most of what im trying to get rid of is too happy there!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    anybody going to carnaval this weekend? it's my 1st time!!
  • sswan2011
    sswan2011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    anybody going to carnaval this weekend? it's my 1st time!!

I went several years ago. It was very interesting. I think it's definitely a younger persons event. So now we babysit and let our kids go :)
  • tlwinky
    tlwinky Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Funny thing. Just moved to Austin six months ago. Love my neighborhood (great walking trails) and as I was out walking yesterday, I thought "I should see if anyone on MFP is from my neighborhood". I haven't met a lot of people yet since I FINALLY just finished unpacking last week and I realize that I miss having friends to hang out with. So I sat down today to write a post about meeting people in the Austin area/Steiner Ranch Area and found this post instead! It was like it was meant to be. :happy: So, please add me. It will be so nice to finally get to know some new faces!
  • VL1020
    VL1020 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just signed up for the Statesman 10K. Anybody else doing it?
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Anyone in SW Austin wanna jogging buddy? I also go to YMCA if anyone goes there let me know..
  • TexasBridgett
    TexasBridgett Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Did ya'll ever do that meet & greet?
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm about 30 miles south of Austin.....Would love to meet more ppl from there.....and a meet and great would be awesome!!
  • TexasBridgett
    TexasBridgett Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm about 30 miles north of Austin.... (Cedar Park area)
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Metroins, I live right near you! I have a six month old and I'm dying for a walking/ swimming buddy. Anyone else up north?