Tell me about your pet

Options
Gary1977
Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
My profile pic is of my Rottweiler, Deary. Please, tell me about your lovelies.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I have two cats. We are not allowed to have dogs (yet) and my husband likes cats, so we got one almost 3 years ago, and just adopted a new tortiseshell named Ginger.
    They are both so sweet!! I do want to have a dog as well someday soon. :) Your dog is super cute!! Is she a mushball or fierce?
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I have 3 cats and 3 dogs. :)
    Princess, Puddy and Silvey are the kitties.
    Doc, Spot and Jessie are the doggies.

Jessie is just a puppy and is a border coller and very playful but a lot bigger than the other two (jack russell and miniature daschund.)

My cat Princess, is adapting to my food habits? LOL I dunno but she has grown accustomed to eating peas and corn off my plate!
  • Johnnyswife
    Options

My cat Princess, is adapting to my food habits? LOL I dunno but she has grown accustomed to eating peas and corn off my plate!
    :laugh: :laugh: Too funny. I can't get Fishy to eat any kind of table scraps, not even meat!! Maybe I should try veggies. He does like olive juice.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: Too funny. I can't get Fishy to eat any kind of table scraps, not even meat!! Maybe I should try veggies. He does like olive juice.

Awwh! Have you tried chicken? Nearly all cats love it!
  • Celiamariec
    Options
    My family owns a big goofy white boxer, Diesel. He is my walking buddy at night, most people refuse to approach me with him. lol

I love cats, and have owned a couple in the past. Moving forced me to adopt them out. :( I plan on getting one once I am a little more stable. :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Two dogs here. Tom and Sophie - both jack russells. Tom is a short leg (and frankly has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about it. Him and Napoleon...) and Sophie is a parsons. They're lovely companions, full of character, stroppy, smart and funny. There's a pic of sophie in my profile.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    We have a medium-hair orange tabby with an attitude and the most lovable black lab pup on the face of the earth!! :happy:
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Changed my profile pic so you can see my dog - Dylan. He's a beagle and is 9 1/2 years old. I had another beagle called Goof who was 2 years younger, but sadly we lost him last year to Lymphoma (one of the worst days of my life).

However not to dwell on that, Dylan is a real character and I love him to bits. He loves going for walkies and carrys a tennis ball with him at all times. He also likes shredding and eating any paper he can get hold of, and pinching socks or underwear and gathering it on his bed. Just your normal mischievous dog I suppose :happy:

Wendy
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    One red headed dog who's a year old and one red headed tabby cat who is 3. I do hope someday the scaredy cat will play with the dog...she desperately wants him to play. In fact, when she's in her play mood she's hysterically funny. She stays on her pallet, her place, but spins in crazy fast circles. I guess she's trying to say "PLAY WIFF ME NOW!!!!!!" We caught her doing this one night when we had company and I videoed it.....it may get sent to America's Funniest Home Videos.
  • Johnnyswife
    Options
    One red headed dog who's a year old and one red headed tabby cat who is 3. I do hope someday the scaredy cat will play with the dog...she desperately wants him to play. In fact, when she's in her play mood she's hysterically funny. She stays on her pallet, her place, but spins in crazy fast circles. I guess she's trying to say "PLAY WIFF ME NOW!!!!!!" We caught her doing this one night when we had company and I videoed it.....it may get sent to America's Funniest Home Videos.
    Lets see the video!!

Here is a link on YouTube to a video of Fishy chasing my husband around the living room. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xbIIeKupqI

We had just adopted him and neither of us ever had a cat that would chase us around. lol
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    My first puppy ever: Ms. Jada May. She is a beaglier (beagle/cavalier) mix. She is 8 months old and a HANDFUL to say the least. I have her listed in my profile pictures.

To date Jada has eaten 3 pairs of panties and given me heart palpitations on a weekly basis. She is by far smarter than MANY humans I know.

And she loves to cuddle :happy:
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    4 dogs here.

Elijah(in my picture) an 8 year old pit bull/boxer mix(not sure on the boxer part, but i know his mother was an american pit bull terrier)

Ozzy - 8 year old golden retriever/beagle mix

Sheeba - 9 year old akita/chow mix(best guess, she was a stray roaming the streets when i took her in)

Henry Paul -4 year old maltese/shih tzu mix
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    3 dogs. Louie is a BUG, boston terrier/pug mix, Marley is the one in the pic and last December I rescued a senior Boston Terrier female from the shelter. Her name is Joni. Oh we have a cat too, but she came with my husband. LOL. Her name is Stormy.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old brindle pit/lab mix named Mya - I do not usually like dogs (actually, I am terrified of them), but she stole my heart at a pet expo and I brought her home that day.

I also have 4 cats (I really love cats, lol) - The Floyd is an old guy (13 or so); he's a brown, long-haired deaf boy and by far the most loving cat I've ever met, Sasha is my 6[ish] year old black & white medium hair gal - she is my baby...doesn't really like anyone but me =) Charlee is a tortie and she's super fat, haha...a little over one year old & last but not least, my Siamese mix cross-eyed boy Dewey...he is nuts! very lovey, but only when he wants to be.

I volunteer at a no-kill cat shelter 3-5 times a month...that's how I get my fix. I would have many more if my husband would let me =)
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    We have 3 dogs and all were adopted from the shelter... A 3-1/2 yr old Golden Retriever named Rusty, a 2 yr old Belgian Malinois named Hunter and a 1 1/2 yr old Norwegian Elkhound mix named Harley.... They are our fur kids! :smile:
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Two dogs here.

Hannah--almost 2, German Shepherd mix, overweight and not a lot of common sense. She's my husband's mistress if you ask me. He rescued her from a gas drilling site with every intention of taking her to the city shelter, however, she's still at my house. And a part of the family now I guess.... :grumble: she has to be crated during the day, but she actually likes her crate and goes into it voluntarily when she sees us leaving for the day.

Hershey--almost 7, Chocolate lab/brindle boxer mix. The perfect dog. Couldn't ask for anything better. He minds, he doesn't get into anything. Basically a mama's boy. He's extremely smart and sleeps with me. He has seizures and allergies too. It's heartbreaking to go through a seizure with him, but they are infrequent enough that the side effects of the meds are not worth putting him on them.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    We have two cats with extremely opposite personalities. They seem to get along fine most of the time.

Rockso is a fat boy that is super lovey and a chatterbox (around 3 years old maybe?). He meows at just about anything and will do ANYTHING for food. He's a gray and white and a total fatty (I think I might need to put him on a diet, actually).

Tequila is a skinny little calico, around 6 years old (maybe?). She's only lovey when SHE wants to be and she's pretty finicky, but she can be super sweet and she's adorable with beautiful green eyes.

We have thought about getting a puppy, but with both of us working full time we're going to wait a bit.
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have a cat named Bast. She is a riot!

I also have three dogs at my parents house (Well only one is mine XD).

P.S Bast is also in my lap at this moment trying to lick me but her Cone of Shame is in the way.
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have two cats, Umi Kami & Akumu Kami. My profile picture is Umi my sweet baby. He is claustrophobic & terrified of the wind. Akumu is my aloof baby and only requires my attention when he is in need of food or maybe a little love but only when he feels you have been a worthy servant are you allowed to love him. They are brothers from the same litter and I love them dearly quirks and all, lol.
    Umi
    LazyUmi.jpg
    Akumu
    photo2-2.jpg
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    We adopted Jackson about 3 years ago at an event called Woofstock. Pretty cool time, lots of vendors and adoption places come out. We then got Penny (aka Cat Von D) from the same shelter last year.

We have no non-fur kids, so Jackson is QUITE spoiled.

JacksonExpo3.jpg

IMAG0822-1.jpg

IMAG1299-1.jpg