Introductions

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• KreeativeKat
    KreeativeKat Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - I live in Lincolnshire and I've just found this group - am thrilled to discover that I'm not the only Brit whose registered on this site. I was feeling a bit lonely ! I've just turned sixty, but still have the energy and drive of someone half my age. I lost almost 30 lbs a couple of years ago, but gained back 15 lbs. I seem to have been on a diet for years, apart from a time in my life when I was without a car, walked everywhere and went to fitness classes 3 times a week. Anyhow, I've decided that this is the last time I'll ever allow myself to gain. Dieting is just tedious. When I lose my 15 lbs I'm going to make sure it stays off.
  • notskinnylizzy
    notskinnylizzy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm fairly new to all this (but not to dieting, seems I've been doing that most of my adult life!:cry: Need all the motivation I can get, boots up the bot welcome as I seem to be on my usual up and down trip of losing, gaining etc!) Have registered for GNR (my 3rd yr, and I was determined to be at least a stone lighter than last year when I did it!) seeing as it's only about 10 weeks away I desperately need to get motivated! At the mo I weigh 13 st so you can imagine I don't get round the course very quickly - the spirit is willing, but the flesh is a great big b****y hindrance! Hope some of you can encourage me; I promise to do the same for you!!:flowerforyou:
  • Voww
    Voww Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm here to lose some pounds gained after losing about 28lb calorie counting on paper a couple of years ago - I'm 52 and 4'11'' and it took me a year or so eating a measly 1100 cals a day most days and exercising regularly so determined to lose or at least maintain current weight give or take a pound or two. My exercise burns average only 360 cal or so for an hour on a cross trainer (18-20km, over 50rpm), maybe these tiny/non-existent muscles are to blame, must get into some strength exercise. I walk around an hour most days, also used to do a bit of a frantic cardio workout as I tried to stay in the training zone on my Polar hrm, miight get back into that too.
    I only have to look at food to gain, am always tempted to eat too many cakes, biscuits, sweets and chocolate but can't bear the thought of all that old weight creeping back on.
    Went veggie about 12 years ago, vegan 3 years ago, if that doesn't put you off anyone feel free to add me as I don't have any friends yet :(
    Diary's open if you want a nose, inspiration or just a laugh ...
  • grace_ace1987
    grace_ace1987 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I live in Kent and I am starting my weight loss journey. I have always been big but because I am 'healthy' it didn't physically bother me. I was however stopped from doing things I wanted to do, wearing things I wanted to wear and being who I wanted to be by my weight. The turning point was our holiday to Orlando, I struggled to do up the belt but just about didn't need an extender. Then after waiting about 30 mins in a line for the hulk I couldn't fit in the seat, I was too wide, I could not go on dragon challenge, rip ride rocket or flume ride either. I was horrified, i was sweating and too hot and too embarrassed about my body to wear shorts. We are going to Florida again in September 2015 and I want to be a different person by then. I will be using mfp, using the wii, the gym and cycling.

Please add me if you would like to make friends and get support.
  • rover_gem1987
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Gemma, I'm 27 and live in Blackburn, Lancashire with my fiancé and our 2 jack russells :) I'm a French and Spanish secondary school teacher. I've always had a problem with my weight and having failed at many diets in the past, I'm getting to the end of my tether with myself! I've recently been diagnosed with an under active thyroid and have started thyroxine so I'm hoping that will make it easier to shift some weight.

Please feel free to add me as I need as much support as I can get!
  • ashleyjamessayer
    Options
    Good morning,

I'm ash, I live near manchester! I ran the london marathon this year but want to get fitter and lose weight for Manchester and edinburgh marathons next year so starting a fresh training plan and meals starting today! Please add me for support!!
  • hlbrennan
    hlbrennan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am Heidi, I live in Florida, but am a complete and total Anglophile! I should have been born in England or Scotland, I'm not sure how it happened, but I think the stork got lost! :)
    I have 25 pounds to go, not sure how many stone that is!
    Add me if you wish for support and general friendliness!
  • Oversixty2017
    Oversixty2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Ann. 62 diabetic, arthritic, asthmatic, and a Lichen Planus sufferer but still fighting!!
    Started out at 207lbs am now 173 but stuck there. Need to be 140. Looking for some support I guess
  • tomlewis1982
    tomlewis1982 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tom, I'm 33 and from Birmingham/ Black Country Area. I play Rugby so years of drinking and playing has taken its toll on increasing my weight. I was 16,4 after Christmas and I wasn't happy with my shape or health, at my last weigh in I was 15,5 my goal is 15 stone. Looking for friends to help me maintain my loss and keep it off.
  • wooooly123
    wooooly123 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Jess, I'm 22 and I'm from Wales. A few years back I managed to lose over 3 and a half stone (partly through mfp), though I've since gained a bit back whilst I was at uni. I'm back again though to lose a bit and to eat healthier.
    Who wants to be my friend?
  • chrishamilton894
    chrishamilton894 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I’m Chris and I’ve just joined this group.
    I’m on a constant weight loss journey. Before covid I went from 15st 10lbs down to 12st 12lbs. Now I’m back up to 14st 6lbs
    Nice to meet you all