Post Your Ride

Options
FrenchMob
FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
I was introduced to XC mountain biking in June 2010, being only a road bike guy for many years. My first MTB experience was a 50k XC MTB race on a borrowed bike..LOL. Yeah I fell a few times, mostly from not unclipping fast enough in certain spots. After that I bought my own bike. I got used from the owner of a local bike shop. It was his racing rig for many years. It's an older bike, but the components upgraded, and it's still a great bike for it's age. It's a full suspension 1999 Rocky Mountain Instinct with Full Shimano Deore XT componentry, Fox Float RL shock, Marzocchi Bomber Z2 BAM Air fork, Mavic 221 wheels- hand built with XT hubs, and XT hydraulic brakes with the upgraded stainless braided lines. Absolutely love riding this thing.

RMInstinct.jpg

It no longer has to ugly (although expensive) yellow tires. :)

Replies

• evil_rider
    Options
    Very cool. My stable includes:

Niner Air 9
    Gary Fisher Rig 29er SS
    Cannondale Caad 9 road bike
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Oh yea, forgot to include my others..lol

Jamis Comet tri bike
    Rocky Mountain Metro road - was born a hybrid but is a setup as a road bike now.

Future purchase will be a 29er.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hey, fellow dirtbags.

I grew up in MTB mecca -- Durango, CO. This was in teh days when you'd run into Ned Overend or Tinker Juarez or Missy Giove while walking around town. I eventually left to go to college -- In Golden, CO, another MTB mecca.

All through college, I rode all over the Front Range, and had a blast doing it. Marriage, kids, work, and all that stuff knocked me off the bike for a decade or so, in which I got fat.

So, this spring, I bought myself a new ride, A Trek / Gary Fisher Marlin 29'er, and I've been back out there riding myself back into shape. Even when I was fit, I was a clydesdale, thanks to being 6'5". For me, getting on a 29'er was a revelation: THIS is how a bike's supposed to fit.

Anyhow, even with winter coming in, I'm still trying to get out there and ride as much as I can, even if it;s only on the bike paths. Luckily, Denver has great urban trails, so it's easy to go out at lunchtime and knock out an hour's ride.

New_Bike.jpg

Obligatory photo of my ride. This was freshly home from the shop. The reflectors and dork ring are now gone, and SPD's, bottle cage, pump bracket and seat bag installed. I've also thrown on tire skins and sealant, because the friggin' goatheads are everywhere around here.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    We'll see if the sizing is right:
    Road Bike, Italian Battaglin with Campy Chorus 10 speed and Campy G3 wheels.
    62f69fa2.jpg

Trail Bike, Enduro SL Expert.
    2fc7c3b2.jpg

Downhill bike, Kona Stab Deluxe
    b8147301.jpg
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    So ... I'm going to say that I have Trek 7.5 FX road bike that I love and never ever get enough time on ... haven't tried the mountain biking yet ... I might be too much of a wuss ... but you guys make it seem so freakin exciting :) Looking forward to seeing what you all do and maybe MAYBE you'll inspire me to try it :)
  • efarrar13
    Options
    I have a 1993 Giant...no suspension. Suck it!..

lol

Ok that is my ride but I am getting back into mountain biking as I will be doing some triathalons involving mountaint biking. So I am the newbie guy riding the antique.
  • MTB10k
    Options
    I currently ride a 2011 Specialized Stupjumper FSR 29er Comp. I'm in the market for the 2012 Specialized Camber FSR Comp (below). The new Fox fork is sweet!

Can't figure out how to post the damn picture.... as soon as I do, I will upload.

12200359.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    bike.jpg
    This is mine. It's a mid-late 90s GT Palomar I bought for my son when he was going into 6th grade. I REALLY need a new bike.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    The Little Red Inbred...

3260008439_daa5ae7553.jpg

The Retro (ok OLD) Raleigh

11324605_0b7ac21fc7.jpg
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I'll try to get some pics this weekend.

Dirt:
    Yeti 575
    Surly 1x1

Pavement:
    Specialized Roubaix
    Cervelo P2

Trainer:
    Jamis Quest
  • joelxwilliams
    joelxwilliams Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    05 Giant Iguana Disc

11 Spec Camber 29er

I got back into it this year for fittness, sticking with it for the SICK trail rides :D

Pictures coming when I get home, just swapped a bunch of parts on the camber
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It's an older Giant VT1, from about 2006. Mostly it's stock. I replaced the tubeless tires after they wore out. Recently I replaced the rear cassette, it wore out. I really like the bike. It's pretty light, about 23lbs, since I put the new cassette in it rides much smoother and I don't get much slipping. I have Crank Brothers Candy 2 pedals on there as well. There's also Ergon grips which really help with fatigue, I highly recommend them!

mike-vt1.jpg
  • MTB10k
    Options
    Nice rides! How the hell do you post your pictures up?
  • MTB10k
    Options
    Stumpy.jpg
  • MikeInAZ
    Options
    to post a pic. Upload it somewhere (flicker, photo bucket, your own website)

then do:

"[ img ] http://www.domain.com/image.jpg [/ img]"

NO SPACES after the [ and img etc...
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd post up the "old" steed, although I don't ride this bike much anymore. It's a paragon of mid-90's bike tech:
    DSCN0376-1.jpg

Wheeler 5800 frame, Halson inverted fork, Mavic 821 wheelset with the funky (and useless) snowflake lacing in the front, Ringle supperbubba hubs, Shimano DX components with a 20-tooth granny up front, Vetta saddle, Onza pedals, prototype Avid cable hangers that never went into production, and bullhorn handlebars. Hell, half this **** is no longer available.

Unfortunately, the frame was always a bit small for me, and I just don't ride her anymore, with a 29'er hardtail in the stable.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    My Yeti

Yeti.jpg
  • joelxwilliams
    joelxwilliams Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    659951d1323983969-official-specialized-camber-thread-camber.jpg
  • MikeInAZ
    Options
    Nice Yeti!! Would love to get one!
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    Nice Yeti!! Would love to get one!
    Thanks. I LOVE that bike... does everything I ask it to without flinching.