Are you a perpetual "half gamer"?

Options
HMonsterX
HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
Do you have any/many games that you haven't finished? Games you got really in to for a while, then for some reason just...stopped?

I have tons!

In fact, it's rare for me to actually stick with a game all the way to the end!

Anyone else like this?

Replies

123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty picky. If I'm not having a blast 1-2 hours in, I probably will put it down and never pick it up again. If I like the game, I have trouble putting it down and usually finish it rather quickly.
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i have several games for the ps2 that i've played and haven't finished. GTA, Bully, Scarface. I will probably play them again but there's always something better to play! :)
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. It's rare for me to finish a game. I have a pretty short attention span and I end up getting half way through a game, getting distracted by another game and then devoting all of my attention to that.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I usually only play games on live so the single player offline stuff hardly ever gets any attention from me.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    lol! Me! There are just so many games coming out that I am constantly juggling which ones to play!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I share the Xbox with my OH so I sometimes don't get time to finish them before he trades them in for new games. :( I do try where I can to finish them though, I like achievements!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Im halfway through the latest Final Fantasy and halfway through Magna Carta 2. The only reason I havent finished them is because I played them on my brothers PS3.
    Now I have my own PS3 I really need to get my saves off his.
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I wish that most of my games I even made it halfway through these days. Most of the games I've bought in the past few years are sitting in their plastic wrap or have never been put in my PS3 or 360. I keep buying games like I did in my high school / college days, but I just don't have the time to play them anymore.

A lot of my gaming time also is spent on online games (Battlefield 3 right now), so that further inhibits my ability to finish that massive stack of single player games I have waiting for me.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I tend to half assed finish a game instead of leaving it sit half finished.

Cept for Red Dead. Hated it. Wouldn't play it after just watching the bf play for a couple hours. Unpopular opinion, I know
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to be better the last year or so and only buy a game when I've beaten the game I bought before it. Hasn't been working 100%, but I think I've been better lately than I was.
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    Add me to the box! I only recently "completed" the mainline quest in Oblivion after over 100hrs gameplay... I got too distracted doing everything else. Although some games I've managed to finish, I do think my favourites are just so big that I burn out before reaching the "end" :-)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list! Due to Steam's excellent sales, I also have a ton of games I've never played yet. :embarassed:

Sometimes I simply get stuck on a level and get frustrated, then never get back to finishing the game. Games I really enjoy I push through. RPG's I tend to finish. All others are up for grabs on how long I play them. I do remind myself that the games aren't going anywhere, so if i ever want to give them a go again, they'll be waiting.
  • giamanry
    Options
    GOD yes!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    oh i am that way, get bored easy.

which is why i cant see how people can play those facebook games for so long, 2 weeks and i am bored
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I am definitely guilty of this! Too many games that I left off halfway through................GTA4, Devil May cry 4 just to name a few.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    BAHAHAHA... I thought I was the only one! My husband refers to me as a "dirty gamer" because I never finish games. My problem is that I like RPGs, but I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to games. So eventually there comes a point when I can't play for a week or two, and then I've forgotten where I'm supposed to go, so the choice is either to start over or abandon the game. I think all games should come with a journal function so you can get a reminder of where you're supposed to go, like the Tales games have.
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    We have so many games....

It's not even that I don't finish what I start. There are some I haven't even started yet.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    We have so many games....

It's not even that I don't finish what I start. There are some I haven't even started yet.

My husband does that. He'll get excited about a new game, preorders it and gets it on release day... and then never even opens the cellophane. He hasn't done that in a long time, but he still has some games that he's had for YEARS that he's never even opened. I always at least start them. Finishing them, not so much. So I pick on him for not opening, and he picks on me for not finishing. It's a balanced relationship.
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I do that all the time. Then I'll start playing it again after awhile.